Sunday, December 4, 2011

Soggy Cereal and Cold Soup...

Dear Elijah,
Well, we had a very eventful Thanksgiving weekend, a super fun week, and this weekend has been a blast too! For Thanksgiving weekend we decided to head up to Washington to spend the holiday with our family up there. We saw Your great grandma Karen, your great grandpa Joe, your great uncle Brad, your great Aunt Sarah, your cousin Max, your great grandpa John, and your great step grandma Linea. Your grandma and grandpa Holland took the road trip with us, and it was fun. We took our time, stopped at rest stops, and you did great. Only had a few flip outs on the road from being sick of your stinky car seat ;) Your daddy and I must have read you your favorite book, Bubble, Bubbles, at least 30 times if not more. Hahahaha... You would cry every time the story was over! You do that even when you are not in the car though, you just really love that book... haha. We were able to walk around Pikes Market, meet up with friends and walk around downtown Seattle, and we got your first picture with Santa! I thought it was cute. I personally do not have any pictures with Santa growing up, so I thought, why not!? It will be a good memory ;) We also got to meet up with most of our Seattle friends another night for dinner and you let every single one of them hold you! It was so nice for us to see everyone! We also got to walk around some cute little towns that I had never seen before. These places had little shops, bakeries (yum!) and coffee shops! I really, really had fun taking you around everywhere and watching you look around and enjoy the scenery! You are a nature boy, so you loved all the trees, leaves and rain. You thought the rain drops falling on your stroller rain guard were hilarious! We stayed all of our nights at my uncle Brad and Aunt Sarah's, so we got to spend some good time with my grandparents and them playing cards and dice! :) But it was very cool to be able to spend a day visiting your dad's grandpa John and his wife Linea. They were so sweet, and loved seeing you. Your great grandpa John gave you $20 bucks for your piggy bank. heehee, how sweet :) We also enjoyed their back yard where there was a big lake and dock to play on. Linea made us all Swedish pancakes, and those were so good that I actually made them myself yesterday morning for us. Altogether it was a very nice trip and a great vacation.
The past few days I've been decoration for Christmas, and you have been enjoying that. You love the lights and the colorful things I've been putting around the house. We are actually getting our first Christmas tree ever tonight! It's our, as well as your first Christmas tree! Our first married Christmas we didn't get one since we lived in Seattle and were coming to California for Christmas. Instead we bought a tiny, fake white tree, WHICH I will always treasure ;) But yay for all three of us getting our first tree! We went with grandma, grandpa, and uncle Jake to help them get their tree the night before last, and then last night helped the decorate it! That was so fun. It's a tradition ;) we always go all together to get the tree and then go to Fantastic Cafe right after. Then we all decorate it together while drinking my moms homemade hot chocolate with candy canes in it. Mmmmmmmm! Good stuff. Now it's our turn! :) I'm so excited! Yeeeps!
I've also come to the conclusion that mommy may never drink a hot drink hot, warm at best... haha! All my food I have gotten used to eating on the colder side, and all my cereal on the soggy side. Seems like every time I go to eat, you need me. Hahahaha, no matter, I don't mind. I've actually grown to appreciate cold food, and soggy stuff. hahahaha. Daddy always jokes about when the last time he drank hot coffee was? Hahaha... when we go to Starbucks he waits for his coffee to cool a bit, but by the time it's drinkable, you need him... Hahahahahahaha. Oh fun... Ok, well I love you and I love you and I love you! You are the cutest, sweetest, most adorable baby in the world! We do not know what we would do without you! You are our little pride and joy. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment