Saturday, June 9, 2012

SLUGGER!

Dear Elijah,
You little slugger! You got mommy and daddy good tonight! We were at our bible study group and it was getting late so we decided to leave and get you to bed. I had to put you down outside on the sidewalk to look for our car keys, and when I went to pick you back up, you looked like you were reaching for something, and you actually got mad at me for picking you up. I turned you towards me, you hugged me around the neck, and then I handed you off to daddy. Your dad and I were driving down the street we are going to be living on soon, and I thought I spotted something outside the house, so your dad decided to do a U turn to make sure all was well. Meanwhile I felt something slimy and wet fall onto my arm, and I immediately thought it was banana since you were eating it earlier. I wasn't sure, but I was assuming that was the only logical thing. So I said to your dad, "eew, something wet and slimy is on my arm, and I can't see because it's dark..." So I proceeded to wipe it off and I for some strange reason of my own, I put it on your daddy's hand so that he might determine what it was. Really I was being facetious, because I thought it was banana, and thought it was funny to wipe it on him. I happened to flash the cell phone light in his direction and we both saw a slimy SLUG just chillin' on your dad's hand!!!! He was in the middle of a U turn, and almost crashed our new car trying to get it off... He called me by my first name, which made me laugh hysterically to tears! I laughed so hard, and he exclaimed, "Honey! I was making a U turn! That's like the most dangerous time to put a slug on somebody!!!" Looking back I can see how you may have been reaching for the slug when I put you down, and then when you hugged me, you got it in my hair! That's the only way I can figure it getting into my hair to suddenly drop onto my arm in the car! Oh Elijah, you bring so much laughter and excitement to our lives. We love you slugger ;) heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment