Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hike up and up and up!

Dear Elijah,
Well, you are still the cutest baby ever! Still have me wrapped around that little tiny finger of yours, and are still my best baby boo. Today after church, I went to change you in the mommy's room, and you made a mess! I somehow had to change you, clean you, and tell your daddy to bring me the diaper bag so that I could put new clothes on you. So after cleaning you up and putting your new diaper on, I opened the door to the sanctuary and yelled at your dad that you "pooped all over the place!" Hahahahaha, I didn't mean to yell it so loud seeing as how there were still a few people left in the church who now all knew our situation. But your daddy was so overtaken by the CUTE sight of you in just a diaper, that all he did was stare at us adoringly. So I stood there with a half naked baby in my arms waiting for your daddy to get a clue and hand me your clothes! Hahahaha... I finally had to get your daddy on my same page, and we got you an your new outfit and all was well again. After that we went to Cocos where your daddy and I ate, and then had some strawberry cheesecake! Yummmmo! You were so good, just sitting there with us taking in the scenery. SUCH and sweet boy you are. Then we decided after that pie we should probably get some exercise! so we took you down to the ocean coast and were walking when we saw a sign for an open house! We LOVE looking at houses and getting an idea of what we will want someday. It's so fun to see how people add on to houses or remodel. We usually go to any open house we see because it's actually really cool to see some of these houses in San Pedro, and we find ourselves in neighborhoods we never knew existed! So today we followed the sign all the way up, and up, and upppppppppppp! We had no idea how far it would be, and it was all up hill. we were so hot and sweaty once we got to the house, and I mumbled to your daddy, this house better be worth it! Hahaha. We got inside and walked around, and it was super cute, and a great view of the ocean of course. I didn't like it for me personally, but appreciated the structure. We ended up talking to the real estate agent who was so nice and she asked us what your name was. We told her you were Elijah, and she paused with a huge smile, and said, "Oh my gosh, are you guys Christians?" We said "yes we are," and she said, well there you go, that's the light I saw in your guys. Then she told us we were a fun couple and you were very blessed, and are going to have lots of fun with us... You hear that Elijah, mommy and daddy are FUN! Always remember that... Hahahahaha. She could not believe we walked all the way up the hills from where we started and could not stop laughing. She gave us water, and then asked if she could pray for us since we will eventually be buying a house, and she said to just keep praying and God will someday help us find a good place for our family. She prayed for us, and asked for God to bless us. It was so refreshing, and so cool that we for some reason didn't turn around and go back because the house was to far. I remember the moment I thought about telling your dad, no way, lets just go back to flat land! Hahaha, but for some reason I got a burst of energy to keep going and we received a prayer and blessing! So cool!!! I thought it was amazing that we decided to go see a house we know we would never buy, and there was really no good reason to be there, and God loves us so much that he had a blessing waiting there for us! (INTERUPTION) your dad just walked into the room with you in his arms saying, "he is content just pretending to eat..." Basically you don't want to be put down, and just want to be held right now, so you are pretending to drink a bottle so that your daddy will just hold you. Hahahaha, smart baby you are... You are my son! I always want your daddy's attention too ;) He has nice cozy arms, I mean who wouldn't pretend to eat if they could set up camp in those arms??? Heehee ;) Your daddy is currently telling you... "I bet Lydia eats all her food... I bet your cousin Gavin eats all his food..." Hahahahahaha Tell him your not hungry and you eat just fine! You just merely want the bottle in your mouth for comfort! Hahahaha. Oh my crazy family. I love you guys ;)
We ended up walking to your great grandpa's house and visiting with your daddy's cousin Jodi, her husband Steve and Pop. It was really fun, and they are all so nice. Jodi gave your daddy a book that she used to read to him when he was little, and she was babysitting. Now daddy can read it to you! It was is favorite book he says, and is called "Miami Mice." To cute!
There you are with daddy's cousin Jodi

There you are with Jodi and your great grandpa! "pop"

No comments:

Post a Comment