Saturday, July 9, 2011

small prayers and 4th of July...




Dear Elijah, 
I want to start with a prayer for you:

Dear God, I thank you so much for this day, and another day with my baby Eli. Thank you so much for such a precious and priceless gift. Thank you for choosing Michael and I to be Elijah's parents and please give us the strength and wisdom to raise him up to be a godly man. We ask for your mercy, grace and encouragement along the way, and that Elijah's faith will be nurtured by the singing of your praises and the mention of your name. I love you so much, and I am so humbled by your greatness. You are so good, and we praise you for all that you are. We are so blessed by you, and seriously can not fully understand all the love you have shown this family. Your love surrounds us, and you are so faithful. I pray that we as a family could remain faithful to you. Thank you for my husband, baby boy, friends and family. In Jesus name, Amen.

Hey baby boy! well let's see... We had a super great 4th of July! First we met up with Nina, Uncle C.J., Uncle Oscar, Auntie Erica, and Erica's parents! We ate lunch with them, and got to visit for a while. Then you, your daddy and I headed up to your daddy's families place to visit with your grandma and grandpa Holland, and grandma's family. It's always fun spending time with family ;) and it's nice to be able to get to know your grandma Hollands aunts and cousins, they are very sweet. Your great grandma Darleen was there too! After that, us 3 headed to Denny's for a chocolate shake! Yummo! It was so nice on a hot day ;) Then we went home to pack and headed over to your grandma and grandpa Hollands house for a fun evening. We were planning on staying the night there because our apartment was super loud the following night with cherry bombs going off right outside our windows. The loud sounds were scaring you, and jolting you awake, so we thought it might be a little better at your grandparents house ;) Plus, we like hanging out with them! The cool thing was, we got a sweet surprise when your uncle Jimmy called and said that him, auntie Tiff and the girls were coming over too! It was a perfect 1st 4th for us as a new family, and it was so fun to watch your cousins get so excited over the fireworks. Such a fun night! We spent the night, and you slept very well ;) 

These days you are noticing your limbs a lot more. Hahahahahahaha, and it's so funny to watch! You will stare are your arm with an expression like, "is that connected to me?" It's so cute! I caught you staring intensely at your toes yesterday for quite a while; laughed and told your daddy to look. This morning you were waving your arms around, stopped and looked very interested in your wrist. You have been making the funniest sounds simply because you can! Hahahahaha. You make this very funny sounding scream, and shock yourself when you do it... Hahahaha... I call you my little fickle friend because you will go from happy to sad in a split second! For example... You were sitting quietly and sweet in your sleeper, and I asked you if you were getting hungry... You looked at me and lost it! You started to cry so hard, and I could not help but chuckle... Then your daddy was walking by your sleeper and saw that you were being so happy and sweet, so he leaned over and said, "hey handsome guy," and you stuck out your bottom lip, and started crying so hard! It really if so crazy to watch. I sit there sometimes with a shocked look on my face saying to your daddy, "oh my gosh, he is so funny! I mean, he was just so happy and now he is throwing the biggest fit EVER!" Honey... Elijah... You can throw a fit at 3 months old... It's true. I set you down for a second, just like 3 seconds while I grabbed something, and you kicked out your legs, kicked out your arms, and started screaming at the top of your lungs and turned red! I picked you up right away, and you stopped and were totally fine! OMGosh!!!!! You know what you want, and when you want it! Hahahahaha... Daddy say's you take after mommy in that way, but I don't know... Haha... 
Yesterday we had a fun day with your uncle Jake! I picked him up and we headed to the park above friendship park. It's an open area with s great view of the harbor and the ocean! Also, it has a nice breeze. So me and uncle Jake set up our little beach tent (which took us forever because we just couldn't get it right) and we all three sat in there and played and talked. It was soooooooooooooooo relaxing, and you LOVE being outside and feeling a nice breeze on your face ;) You were so happy just kicking around, and smiling at your uncle Jake. Then the three of us went to starbucks and visited there for a while. I took pictures of you guys, and let me tell you, you both are such handsome guys ;) Ok, well, I love you very much sweet buns!




No comments:

Post a Comment