Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Adjusting to a New Little Blessing!

Dear Elijah,
You are taking a nap right now, and I am resting with your sister on the couch. You have been such an amazing big brother to Emma! I am so proud of you. You are so sweet giving her hugs and kisses, and being gentle with her. I can't believe how great you are adjusting considering you are still a baby yourself! You are not even 1 1/2 yet! I have noticed a few things that are different in you, but nothing to major. You still get lots of attention and love, so I think you will continue adjusting just fine :)

The other morning we left Emma in our bedroom sleeping, and you, mommy and daddy were out in the living room playing. You all of a sudden looked up at where Emma would usually be if she was in the living room, and went running over pointing, and shouting her name! You looked and she wasn't there, and then looked at daddy with big, wide open eyes! Then you proceeded to pull all the blankets away, and feel around, but you still couldn't find your sister! We were laughing and then we took you into the bedroom to let you see where she was, and you gave her a kiss and ran back into the living room to play. Hahaha... You used to go on with life kind of forgetting that Emma was even here, and then you would see her, look surprised and remember that she was around! Hahaha, it was funny. You are now at the point where you know who she is, and you know she lives with us. You play with her for longer periods of time now, and are always trying to give her her binky, and feed her your bottle! Haha. You steel her binky a lot too ;)

So you have picked up somewhere, I have no idea where, how to pinch! You think it's a fun little game, but we have to tell you it's not! We don't want you to go around pinching other people, but for now you restrict your pinching to mommy and daddy. We are taking it one day at a time trying to teach you that it's not kind to pinch and that it hurts us when you do. This is not an easy task considering the fact that we want to laugh every time it happens. We refrain from laughing, but it is difficult. You don't do it maliciously, you do it with a smile on your face and want to play. I think it's kind of your way of picking a play fight with us so we will wrestle with you.

You have a pretty shy nature about you when you are first around other people. You cling to me or your daddy, until you feel comfortable enough to break away. Once you break away, you are usually running all over the place, flirting with other people, and no longer need us close by. It takes you about a good half hour to warm up to people. You have a very select few that you will immediately go to, and those are people who you see all the time, and who have been pretty intentional in winning you over. haha... Your nina is one of those people. She always makes it a point to call me and ask me to go to coffee, or ask if I need her to come with me to the store. It's nice having someone who can hang out with you even when you are doing daily, boring things like grocery shopping. She is so helpful with you guys, and when we do go to coffee it's not stressful because she just jumps right in there and helps me entertain you, and keep you happy :) Every body needs someone like this in their lives, and I'm pretty blessed to have such a down to earth, helpful older sister :) In fact just two days ago, I called her and asked if she would mind coming over for just 15 minutes to watch you and your sister while I jumped in the shower. She was over here in like 2 seconds, and was so happy I asked. That felt nice... The shower felt nice too! Haha...

Ok, I better go now. I love you little guy!

We had lots of fun celebrating your grandmas 60th birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment