Monday, September 10, 2012

Funny Little Eli :)

Dear Elijah,
YOU MAKE ME MELT!!! I love you so much, and your sweet disposition, and your sense of humor ;) You are so fun to watch! Here are some fun things you do that make me and your dad laugh, or just look at each other and say "awwwwww." haha...

Whenever we say, would you like to take your nap now, you immediately go around collecting your "friends," (stuffed animals) and once you have them all in your arms, you stand in front of us so that we can pick you up and put you in your crib! It's so cute! When you wake up in the morning, or from your naps, you gather all your "friends" into your arms, or hand them off to me or daddy, and then are ready to come out. But all your stuffed animals go in and out of the crib with you! It's so funny! This is stuff we never taught you, you just started doing. Another thing you do is when you hear the phrase, "I love you," You usually blow a kiss! It's so funny! The other day I was straightening my hair in the bathroom, and you usually like to be in there when I am, so you were standing behind me, talking to me. I started singing, "boogy, boogy, boogy, shake it, shake it, shake it," and you grabbed the bath tub and started shaking your butt and twisting your hips back and forth! It was hilarious! I called out to your daddy, and when he came it, you turned around and started shaking your shoulders! You LOVE to dance; especially when mommy sings silly songs. Hahaha
Your daddy and you wrestle and rough house ALL THE TIME! I usually don't watch because you guys get so crazy, and I find myself constantly saying, "be careful... Yikes! watch his head!" etc. Haha, so I just glance over here and there and trust that your daddy will take good care of you! Haha But last night your daddy said, "watch babe, look what we can do!" so I looked over to see you running at your daddy from across the room, and you dove into a pillow he was holding up in the air, and then he would fly backwards and lift you up over his head!!!!! All I said was... "No!" Hahahahaha... But you guys were both laughing hysterically... Oh gosh... I have seen you run and dive on your daddy's stomach while he is lying on the floor! You two are seriously funny.
The other day I was sitting in the back seat between you and Emma, and she needed to eat while daddy was in the store. So I got her out of her seat and started to nurse her... You looked at us, then you got a very serious expression on your face, and said, "Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh." Then you pointed at Emma eating, and shook your head no. You get very protective over me if you think someone is hurting me, and so I think you thought Emma was hurting me. I had to try and explain to you that this was how Emma drinks her milk, and it doesn't hurt mommy. Hahaha. You were finally ok with it, and smiled. But I thought it was so funny!
We were all playing in the sprinklers yesterday, and your daddy started splashing me with water and getting me super soaked! I was screaming and we were playing, but I told your daddy to stop in a playful way, but you didn't like it to much. You got mad at daddy, and started crying because you thought he was being mean to mommy. Hahahahahaha! I picked you up, and again, had to explain to you that I was fine, and that daddy was just playing. Then we all three had a blast running through the sprinklers, and cooling off. You are such a caring little guy. I love it! I was the same way with my mom. I remember one time when people were trying to throw her in the church pool, I grabbed her leg and started crying! I was protective of my mommy that's for sure! I think all kids are to an extent. You also got upset the other day at auntie Jessica and uncle C.J.'s house because Nic and your nina were rough housing. You didn't care at all until it appeared to you that nina was getting hurt, then you walked up to them, put your hands over your face saying, "Ooooooooooh," and then started to cry a little. You thought Nic was beating up your nina, but when you realized it was not the case, you were fine, and wanted in on the playing. Hahaha. You got protective over Nic once too when someone was pretending to hurt him while wrestling. Sometimes you can't tell if it's play or for real, but once you figure it out and see that they are laughing, you calm down and usually want to jump in yourself ;)
Gosh you do so many things that make us smile or laugh or melt from the cuteness, but I can never write about ALL of them. There are to many! I am so blessed to be your mommy. I love you Eli. Hope you are having a great nap.
Lovin' on your daddy :)

LOVE

so sweet

Eating your fruit salad I made for you yesterday :)

You love playing outside with the hose and your truck :)

Sprinklers!




You and Emma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment