Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sick Day...

Dear Elijah,
I feel so bad for you! You have been pretty darn sick yesterday and today. It started the night before last, when you woke up after we put you to bed. You never cry or wake up during the night, and you always sleep very good, so we went in to see what was the matter, and saw that you had thrown up :( It was so sad! You were wanting mommy to hold you right away, and were kind of shaking a bit. So I held you, throw up and all. I waited to clean and change you until you were calmed. Daddy made you a fresh new bed, and put new, clean friends in your crib for you. I cleaned you, changed you, and then held you till you wanted to go back into your crib. You slept for a while, and them we heard you cry again! I walked in there and you were half awake, sitting up, crying a bit. I picked you up and noticed you had thrown up just a tiny bit on one of your stuffed animals. It wasn't very much, but enough to make you uncomfortable. We decided to put you in bed with us. Daddy laid you next to me in bed, and you turned towards me, put your arm around me, and fell right to sleep. You slept through the night with us, and even slept through me moving you off of me to feed Emma twice! I usually can't sleep when you join us. You kick and move so much, and I get crowded, but that night, I was so tired, and also felt super peaceful having you in bed with us so I didn't have to worry, that I slept so great! It was wonderful waking up next to my precious baby.
Yesterday you seemed fine! you were running, playing, and acting like you were just great! Your dad and I just figured you had a sour tummy that night, and that was it. It all started up again later that evening. Last night was TERRIBLE!!! We noticed that you were a bit cranky and tired in the later afternoon. You went to bed just wonderful, but then woke up around 11pm and you were so miserable! You were throwing up mucus, had a stuffy, runny nose, were coughing, and your eyes were weepy. You just wanted to be held. I cuddled you with me on the couch for a while, and then your daddy held you for a while in your room. Even when you fell asleep in our arms, you didn't want to be put back into your crib. Again, we decided to put you in bed with us. I was happy :) If we hadn't, I would have been up ALL night checking on you. This time you gravitated towards your daddy, and I was able to move around more, and get up to get Emma when she cried. Emma refused to go back into her bed, and ended up joining the party with all of us. She slept with mommy, while you slept closer to daddy. Before I was woken by Emma and before she came into bed with all of us, something crazy happened. You move a lot in your sleep. On a regular night, every time I check on you, you are in another position facing the complete opposite way! Last night I woke up to me holding onto your leg very tight. IN MY SLEEP I grabbed your leg because you dove over me and and you were hanging off the edge of the bed by one leg! The leg that I was holding!!! Your daddy also sprung up and grabbed hold of your shirt when he realized what was going on. I was confused, but when I woke up to that, I gasped and pulled you back into bed with us! You were asleep the entire time! So scary, but also quite funny! Although we have pillows surrounding our bed for an occasion such as this, it's still not ideal...
We all woke up this morning at 6am! You were our wake up call. You wanted to get out of bed and play, and not only did you want to play, you wanted to go outside and play. I fell back asleep with Emma for another hour since your daddy got up with you. When I woke up, I walked into the living room, looked out the window, and saw you and daddy all bundled up playing outside! Hahahaha! I couldn't believe you were the same sick little guy from last night. You are are still throwing up, and not as energetic as you usually are, but you are playing and singing. You took a great nap, snuggled with me for a while on the couch while you drank two bottles of water, and are now playing with your toys. I'm hoping for a better night for you although your nose is running like a faucet! :( I know how annoying that can be...
Oh my goodness, yesterday you were walking around the house playing, and then I heard you yell out for us. I ran into your room and you were standing in your crib!!!!! Your daddy was right behind me, and I looked at him confused and said, "did you put him in there?" and he said no! We both started laughing because you had figured out how to climb into your crib from the couch! At least we know you can't get out on your own yet, but I'm waiting for that morning you come walking into our room! Hahahahahaha... I think you will soon figure out how to climb out of there.

Ok, well I love you, I'm taking good care of you, and I hope you get better my love!

enjoying your first cookie all your own!

You loved it :)

You had to eat your spinach and blueberries first ;) but you LOVED your cookie :)

You have been very interested in stacking things. Anything! You are very good at stacking blocks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment