Monday, October 25, 2010

It Started...

We have loved living in the sweet city of Seattle since we have been married. We have been able to experience the wonders of being newlyweds out here in the middle of the city away from our bigger families. Our sweet apartment built in the 1920's suits us, and we loved decorating it together, making it into our love nest :) God has been so amazing with His faithfulness and love he shows us daily. We know that everything we have belongs to Him, and no matter where we are, God will be with us helping us along. We took the first two weeks after our honeymoon to get settled in, and spend time together before work started. Pretty much sums up the beginning of our journey together in marriage! After months of bliss, funny arguments, kissing, slamming doors, hanging with good friends, going on romantic dates, putting the toilet seat down, picking towels up off the floor, steeling blankets, waking up to sleep talking, laughing, breaking the toilet seat, playing pranks, scaring each other, and so much more, we had only touched the surface of getting to know each other in this whole new way. Both Mike and I knew that we both wanted a family someday... We both knew that we had so much love to give... We are both VERY family oriented... Mike and I decided to expand out tiny family, and open our minds and hearts to a new member of the Holland clan ;) Only if God willed it to be. Well... God willed it... haha! After 8 pregnancy tests, I finally admitted to my unbelieving self that I might be pregnant. Even though 8 tests told me so, I still needed confirmation. Michael knew after the 3rd test ;) but I needed a person in a white jacket who graduated medical school to tell me that my ego was prego; hence our trip to the emergency room. There they took so much blood I almost passed out. As the nurse put a cold cloth on my head and laid me down on the bed, Michael reached for the barf bag! After hours of tests, and an ultrasound where they spotted a tiny black blob in my uterus, the verdict was in. Can you believe it, I was pregnant! Slight problem, I was having pains that they diagnosed as not normal and told me to be in bed in case I was having a miscarriage or a tubal pregnancy... That was very scary for Mike and I, but we went home and decided to do everything in our power to protect the little growing baby in my tummy. This means, we prayed a lot! Our next journey to the doctor was more pleasant. Well kind of, I still had all kinds of lame tests done, and they still took almost all of my blood, but this time we received good news! They told us everything looked great. My wonderful Michael went out and got me Horse pills! Well they seemed like pills for horses because they were so big. They still are! Prenatal vitamins are cool I guess, but they are hard for me to swallow. So after gagging them up a couple times, I get them down. TMI, whatever... Anywho, long story short, we took our families to a 3D ultrasound about a week ago and found out that we are having a precious little BOY! His name is Elijah James Holland. Can't wait to meet you Eli! I love you already so much. I'm 4 months pregnant already, how the time flies. FYI the first few months of pregnancy was terrible. I woke up sick and went to sleep sick. So glad that's all over with now!

No comments:

Post a Comment