Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting so big!

Well Elijah,
Today mommy had to go get some Coco Butter for my growing tummy! My tummy is starting to feel a little itchy since you are growing so big now. I feel you all the time now. You have your little moments when you kick mommy a lot, and if your daddy is around, he always demands to feel my tummy while you are on the move. It always makes me tear up when he talks to you , and gets excited to feel you kick. I always try to hide my tears of joy and pretend that I'm not that emotional! haha. Last night your dad read you the night before Christmas. He happened to have it handy and wanted to read to you while you were awake and moving around. I believe you liked it because you would not stop moving around while you were hearing your daddy's voice :) We are at 22 weeks this Sunday. I can't believe it's already been 5 and a half months! I never thought my stomach would get this big, and it's only going to get bigger! People still don't notice I'm pregnant when I'm out and about in public since here in Seattle I'm always wearing layers of clothes and jackets, but when the jackets come off, I have never felt more conscience of my ever growing belly! haha. Everyone feels the need to look at my belly and then give me a look. It's either an "aww, how sweet" look, or a "How old are you" look... haha. I think some people still think I'm about 16 years old. I love praying for you Eli. I pray for you throughout my whole day. You and your daddy! Every time your daddy leaves the house I pray for him and tell him the same thing... "Look twice for good measure, and once more for me ;)... Don't talk to strangers, and make wise decisions... Listen to Jesus, I love you and need you very much, so be careful and remember to text me and call me when you have a moment... I'm praying for you babe!" haha. He is a great sport about it. It's just that you two matter so much to me and are the loves of my life! So Eli, when you grow up and are going to be somewhere without me, you can expect to hear that and more from your mama every time. :) My own mama's words to me EVERY TIME I left the house when I lived with her, and to this day are... "Lord bless you and keep you safe, and put his angels around you, and help you to have a good time, love you, bye!" I can hear her perfectly in my head saying it! She does it to your grandpa Dean, Your Uncle Jake, Uncle C.J., Auntie Melissa, and pretty much anyone we bring to the house. haha and now I totally get it! It's nice to know she sends out that prayer for us every time we leave. I know that is a tradition I will carry on in our family Elijah. Love you... Here is a VERY recent picture of you, daddy and mommy getting ready to celebrate our first married Christmas together...



No comments:

Post a Comment