Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Funny Moments...

Dear Elijah,
Thanksgiving just passed, and your dad and I decided to go to Port Orchard to spend it with Uncle Brad, Aunt Sarah, your Great- Grandma, your Great Papa, and cousins Nick and Max. We had a great time. Before we left we wanted to decorate for Christmas so that we could come home to Christmas in our apartment. Your daddy started to try and put the lights up, and all the nails were falling... He then had to do it all over again since he put them on backwards... Then he got so mad trying to reach things that he almost gave up and wanted to yell, but he spotted me laughing into a pillow on the couch. I was trying to be quite, but he saw me, and laughed too, although he did not think it was as amusing. The whole night got worst. We bought a space heater to heat our old 1920's apartment, and when your daddy plugged it in, it was so nice a warm! Then all of the sudden our Christmas movie turned off and we heard everything shut down! hahahahahahaha! Your dad was so upset, and I was bummed, but again, it made me crack up! I thought it was so funny since the whole night was going this way. He unplugged everything, we lit candles, and planed for our trip the next day ;) We spent the night with my family in Port Orchard, and then took off to Portland Oregon the next day to see your dad's cousin Missy, her husband Sam, and their new baby Stephen :) When we first got into downtown Portland, we had to find a Starbucks to get internet to check into a hotel. Of course your dad quickly finds out that you have to have a certain kind of provider to get internet at Starbucks... So he got frustrated. I was on the phone ordering a dress for Oscar and Erica's wedding, and I couldn't decide what size I was going to be by then! hahahaha Even though your dad was frustrated, he was trying to help me think of the measurements I might be! We are in Starbucks surrounded by people in close proximity, saying... "Honey, do you think I'm going to lose the weight and be my normal size?"... "Your hips aren't big enough to be a size 4"... "But my boobs are big enough to be a size 4"... "But you should just say a size 2 to be safe" as the lady on the phone is asking me if I will be breast feeding? "Yes, I will be trying to breast feed"... "Then you should lose the weight faster, but your boobs might get bigger!"... "Iy yi yi, just give me a size 2, and I'll make it fit!" hahahahahaha... At least it made your dad laugh. The lady ended by saying congratulations on our new baby :) and I was touched knowing that even though things like this are harder, you are SO worth every minute of it Elijah! haha. As my measurements are being advertised to all of Starbucks, your dad somehow accidentally pressed a button on the computer during all the commotion, and got the internet to work... haha. So we booked the hotel! The entire trip you were so cute Eli! You moved so much, and you always let me know when you were awake! You were awake one time when we were driving, and I told your dad that you were moving, but then stopped. Your dad and I always sing the jingles to stores if we see them, and know the tune :) Cheesy, I know... But we do... So we saw ROSS, and sang... "Do you love it? I love it! I got it at ROSS!" You started moving so much and kicking hard. So we sang it again, and you did the same thing! Then we sang "Sleep Country USA, why buy a mattress anywhere else"... Every time we sang a jingle, you would move! It was funny. So we determined that you like advertisement songs. They are catchy Eli, I must say... Love ya!

Your dad having some trouble with the lights.

Mommy trying to help, your dad thought it was funny!

Our First Christmas Tree

The date I have to fit into a dress by! haha

Your daddy with your cousin Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment