Saturday, October 22, 2011

Humming a Sweet Song

Dear Elijah,
I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but you totally hum yourself to sleep. When you fall asleep in my arms, in your daddy's arms, or in your bed, you hum until you fall asleep! It's pretty much the cutest thing :) You are eating more and more solids, and LOVE your homemade baby food. You have crackers now, and I think it's the funniest thing watching you smack your food with your two bottom teeth, and no sense of manners. It's the best! Mouth open, crunching loud, and giving it everything you've got to gum that cracker down so you can swallow it. You are so smart, you knew exactly what to do when I handed you the cracker. It was like you've been eating crackers all your life :) Hahaha.
You have turned into a little hand full! I mean that in such a good way. You no longer just sit, lay and sleep. You talk more than ever, you grab everything in sight, and you enjoy interaction with us. You now tend to get sad if no one is talking to you. So we are always entertaining, playing, and interacting with you. I told you daddy the other day that my days have gotten more tiring since I'm so excited to spend most of the day interacting with you in one way or another. We sing, we dance, we talk, we play, we practice sitting up, we tickle, we laugh, we play SUPER BABY, and you watch mommy do dishes in the kitchen. On your down time, you like to play in your jumper, or lay on a blanket on the floor with toys dangled above. You can totally entertain yourself, and talk to yourself, and I think it's because you know mommy is willing to be right there, but you don't always need me. As long as we spend a good amount of time together, you are a happy camper to be on your own for a while. Another thing you really enjoy is being read to. You have a book called "Bubbles, Bubbles." It's a Sesame Street book; one of there Sesame Beginnings books. I will read it to you and try to put it away, but you want more! So I end up reading it to you about 5 times in a row. You look at every page, and love seeing me point to the words as I read them. Here is the story and how we read it:

Bubbles, bubbles on my nose. (mommy points to your nose)
Bubbles, bubbles on my toes. (mommy tickles your toes)
Bubbles, bubbles in my hair. (mommy rubes your head)
Bubbles, bubbles everywhere! (mommy makes her hand wave across the book)
Bubbles, bubbles float on top. (mommy makes her fingers wiggle at the top of the page)
Bubbles, bubbles POP! POP! POP! (mommy makes a fist and opens her hand for every pop) your fav!
Bubbles, bubbles fly so high! (mommy reaches to the sky)
Count 1-2-3 as they go by. (Mommy shows you the number of fingers make 3)
Bubbles, bubbles are so fun! (mommy just sounds extremely happy)
Bubbles, bubbles for everyone! (Theeeeeeeeeeee End)

Your daddy and I have it memorized now. Hahahaha. You are such a happy baby boy, and you love life! I am having the greatest time with you. You and your daddy like to give me tiny heart attacks lately. Since you are more alert and like to be played with, your daddy throws you in the air as you laugh. You and daddy are laughing and smiling, while mommy has a half smile, eyes squinted, and hands out ready to dive and catch you at any moment. Hahahahaha. He would never drop you, and he is safe about it, not throwing you too high, but there is always something inside of me that will be super protective. Heehee... He was swinging you around the other night and got your head pretty close to the floor, and he looked at me.... Then he looked at you and said, "whoa Elijah, we almost got in trouble for that one." Hahahahaha. Ok, well I love you, better go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment