Sunday, October 9, 2011

So literal...

Dear Elijah,
So lately I've been remembering thing about my childhood that make me laugh now. I was a very literal child, as I believe we all are at some point or another. I remember thinking the craziest things ever. I'll give you some examples. One time when my friend Melissa was over playing, she said that I hurt her feelings... But you see, while she was saying that, she was rubbing her arm, so I remember looking very closely at her arm thinking that feeling must be things that are on her arm, and they are falling off now that I hurt them. So I said sorry and kept a watchful eye on her arm! I literally thought "feelings" were little bugs that lived on your arm for a while there... How embarrassing, but true. Also, when I was little, I was praying and when I closed my eyes I saw a red imprint of a shape that resembled a toothbrush. It was probably just the shape of some sort of light that had been shining, and when I closed my eyes it appeared red.  From that point on I figured Jesus looked like a red toothbrush shape. So when I prayed I would picture that in my head. So weird!!! I could go on and on and on, but I won't. I just think it's so precious how our minds work and evolve over the years. I will try to remember this when talking to you. I never really asked questions, I would just stand there and reason it out in my head. However I could make sense out of something in my head, that's what I would stick with and believe whole heatedly. I can't wait to hear about some of the silly things you tell us. I love you pumpkin boy. Oh, and we went out and got your costume for your first Halloween yesterday! You are going to be so cute! Well, you are so cute, but this is going to be fun :) You are totally kicking back on your daddy right now watching football! Pretty much the cutest thing I've seen today :)
This was us about a month and a half ago. Daddy took these. I was in deep thought. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment