Monday, October 3, 2011

Work Shmerk,...

Dear Elijah,
 Well, your daddy is of to work again on this fine Monday morning. I have been really missing him a lot lately. I mean, I always, everyday, miss him when he has to work, but in the last two weeks I have gone as far as to ask him to take days off! Eeeeeeeks! I can't be doing that, because it really is important for him to work, plus I'm super thankful that he has a job he loves. He gets to do what he is passionate about every day... :) So do I ;) I get the best thing ever, I get to take care of you! This morning I just didn't want him to leave at all! I was singing songs (ones I made up on the spot) about him not leaving. Can you believe he didn't believe my story about his work calling my phone saying that he didn't have to work today because there was a break in last night and the police had to investigate and take finger prints, so he shouldn't come in today..? I mean, that's totally believable! I sometimes miss the fact that your daddy doesn't walk to work anymore, like he did when we lived in Seattle. Right when he left for work, he would call me and we would talk until he got there :) Now he drives, and can't use his phone in the car. BUT, he does have better hours now, and I'm so thankful that we get so much time together. We always have our weekends together, and that truly is a blessing! You love when your daddy comes home. You smile SO BIG, and then act shy and turn your face into mommy's shoulder, then you look at daddy again with a big smile, and then quickly turn into mommy's shoulder again! It's such a cute little thing you have been doing lately. Then you reach for him, and he holds you while you touch his face with your little hands. Then that soft face touching quickly turns into face grabbing and slapping. Hahahahahaha.
Yesterday you were playing with my phone, and you hit your forehead with the phone and grunted/growled at it! It was so funny. You got very upset with the phone for hurting your head. You have this little funny grunting sound that you do now. It's when you find something amusing, or funny. You grunt... Then you grunt again, then you slowly turn your grunts into laughter. It's so funny! I love when you do that. Another fun (cute) thing you do is when I'm putting you down for a nap, you grab the top of your head over and over and over again, letting your baby hair slip through your tiny fingers. I think you like the feel of your own hair. :) You laugh so much now, although you don;t do that in public as much. You laugh and talk so much when you are at home with mommy and daddy, but when you are with a lot of people, you are quiet and clingy. So funny... Oh, and you sing now. At least I think you are singing... You make a very interested face expression, while opening your mouth wide, and belt out a tune. You do this for long periods of time, and it's not like when you are just making sounds. It's a long, and very focused melodic sound. VERY CUTE! Oh, and we decided what you are going to be for Halloween with the help of your Nino. He gave us the idea, and we love it ;) Ok, love you Elijah.

No comments:

Post a Comment