Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Harvest Festivities...

Dear Elijah,

OH my goodness, what a weekend! We were a busy little family the past few days my love. Now that it’s all over, you and I are sick… I wish I had your energy though. You are bouncing around with your cough and runny nose, and I am wanting to crawl into bed and sleep for the nest 24 hours! My eyes feel like they are going to close without me even trying, and you are laughing and kicking me.  Oh to be young again. Hahahaha… Daddy got you a humidifier yesterday, and we put a space heater in your room. I also gave you a warm bath, and let you breath in steam from the hot water running after your bath. We also got you some baby saline nose drops. You should be just fine. The doctor says if you are eating good, still playful, and don’t have a fever, you will be just fine and have to let this stinky old cold run its course. I guess the same goes for mommy. I have to let this thing run until it dies. I hope I can get over it soon though!
This past Friday night you, your dad and I were planning on taking you to a really cool pumpkin patch with your cousin Nic, Uncle Oscar, Auntie Erica, and Uncle C.J. Turns out Nic was pretty sick that night especially, and since he was not feeling to good, we all decided not to go out that night to the pumpkin patch. We did however go to eat dinner together. It was nice hanging out with them first at their place, and then at the restaurant. Well, while we were there, you had an accident that leaked out of your diaper. Need I say more? Mommy and daddy had to change you in the car/parking lot of the place, and it was so hard to handle you since you had messy all over! There really is no good way to clean this mess, so your dad held you up as I carefully undressed you, and put a new diaper and new clothes on you. Seriously Elijah, it's harder than it sounds, and you have done this to me many times, but I don't think I've mastered one good way to clean you up. Hahahahaha. We always manage though. Oh, and ask your uncle Oscar for that footage someday. Yes... He sure did video tape that moment... hahahaha...
Saturday I spent the day preparing a thanksgiving dinner for your uncle C.J. and your cousin Nic so that they could spend a thanksgiving together. Your Uncle C.J. id going out to sea and is going to miss Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years! Pretty much everything! So I thought I could at least capture some sort of holiday for them to share before C.J. leaves. I invited a small group of family to our apartment, and it turned out great! You got to spend time with your god-parents too! You were so good letting mommy finish everything, and daddy was so great taking care of you for most of Saturday.
On Sunday you and I missed church in the morning while your daddy went off to play drums for both services. You and I were home resting up for the busy night we would have. We were both feeling a bit sick, and it was making us extra tired. I'm glad we got that time to rest together, and relax before heading to the church at 4pm to decorate and get everything prepared for the Harvest Festival. Mommy and her friend Stace, got the opportunity to plan the church's Harvest Festival, and we had so much fun doing it! We were blessed by how many people helped us, and really put in time and work to make it a success! Having said that, I probably won't be planning something that big for a while. It was sooooooooooooooooo fun, and something I really enjoy doing, but it's very hard to pull off with a young baby. You were so sweet about the whole thing, but I was getting worn out. I think my main focus is you right now, and I would love to volunteer to help someone else plan something in the near future, but since I have you, I'm not sure I can totally plan something like this till your a bit older ;) Heehee... When you are older though, just so you know, you will be my little helper! At the festival, you were feeling kind of sick, so although you made an appearance as a flying monkey, you spent most the night with your grandparents (Hollands). WHAT A HELP THEY WERE! We are so thankful for them and how they have been such a blessing to us in so many ways but especially in regards to you! I completely trust them in taking care of you, and it's so nice to have in-laws you can say that about. I mean, I grew up with my parents and so I automatically trust them, but now to have such wonderful in-laws as your grandparents is a really cool thing. I really hope that this Harvest Festival at Trinity will become a tradition. We had so much fun! Games, prizes, candy, cookie decorating, face painting, pop-corn maker and a jumper!  Talk about fun times!!! :)
Last night was Halloween. Your dad and I carved pumpkins, drank hot tea, sparkling apple cider, and took some funny pictures of you INSIDE a pumpkin! Hahahahaha. It was your auntie Erica's idea ;) We also dressed you as FievelFievel costume, SOOOOooooo, we put it on you anyway! I didn't want it to go to waste. We got pictures of you in the Fievel costume, by maybe next year you will use it as your main costume if you don't outgrow it. ;) After our quiet night at home, we went over to your grandma Diane and grandpa Jim's house and watched the Sing Off on T.V. All together it was a really fun weekend! Now we are sick, and feeling tired. Hahaha, but at least we went out with a bang! We will get better though. You slept well last night and I'm letting you take plenty of naps, and warm baths. Love you Little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment