Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WE SURRENDER...!!! hahaha

Dear Elijah,

Ok… OK!!! You win…… That’s how we felt last night. I’m sick with a cold, and your dad was just starting to feel sick last night, so he was hoping for a good night sleep. Little did we know, you had different plans. Lets rewind to the night before last for a minute shall we. The night before last you were in such pain from teething that you went into freak out mode. It’s like you were at a crossroads and you headed in full force to the hysterical zone. You were crying so hard, and not letting up. We were holding you, kissing you, rubbing your gums, giving you a cold teething ring, tried nursing you (totally uninterested), and walked the floors with you. This was the first time this has ever happened. This was happening when you would usually have been sleeping already. Now it was late, and you were overtired, which made you more irritable and upset. You would not go to sleep even though your eyelids were heavy, and your little body was exhausted. You were doing everything in your power to stay awake and it was so sad! I started crying for you since I knew you must have just been feeling miserable and the pain must have been terrible for you. I was crying, you were crying, and daddy finally broke down and grabbed the baby Tylenol. We try to avoid medicine as much as possible, especially since we do know that you can handle a good amount of discomfort. You never really need it after shots, and I don’t give it to you before your shots, and you recover just fine. You barely needed it when your first two teeth came in side by side on the bottom. Seriously, you must have been in a good amount of pain this night. We gave you the Tylenol, and although it took a while, you were able to calm down and finally go to sleep around 12:30 ish close to 1am! That night you woke up twice to eat, which is pretty good for you lately. You used to sleep through the night. You slept through the night for a long time, and all of a sudden about a month ago or so, you started waking up about 3 times a night to eat. You would go right back to sleep after eating though. Anyway, that was our night before last.

LAST NIGHT continued… You went to bed as you normally do around 10pm. Your daddy and I were talking in the living room, drinking hot tea, and snuggling. It was nice. Your dad says, we should go to bed now since we are both sick and need rest. We went to bed, and mommy of course could not sleep very good. So I do what I always do… I prayed. I was praying for the baby boy Ezequiel who we are going to be corresponding with from Nicaragua. I was finally drifting off to sleep, when I heard a cry on the baby monitor. You were waking up for your first snack. Haha… Your dad woke up from his SLEEP seeing as how it was about 2am, and I just sat up in bed waiting for him to bring you to me :) At this point I hadn’t gotten any real sleep. You came in all cute and hungry, and I fed you while playing with your little toes and running my fingers across for chubby cheeks as I normally do. Then when you were done, you usually fall into a deep sleep again, and daddy puts you back in your crib and comes back to bed. This did not happen last night. Daddy took you from my arms and walked you into your room. I usually hear nothing in the monitor, and your daddy climbs back into bed. This time I heard you start to cry when he put you down. He tried rubbing your head a little to help you drift back into sleep, but nothing was working. You were still crying. He came into our bedroom, and told me there was nothing he could do, and nothing seemed to work. I went into your room, and started rubbing your head, and talking in a quiet voice, and I wound up your little lamb that plays Jesus Loves Me. You were not wanting to be in that crib, and you would not go back to sleep. I have not idea even right now why you wouldn’t go back to sleep, when you usually have no problems. I held you for a while walking around your room, then decided… ”alright, I have to put him in his bed. He needs to learn that night time is sleep time.” So, I changed your clothes into something warmer, and put you in your crib. I tucked the sides of the blanket in so that you could not kick them off, and I made sure your room was a nice temperature. I kissed you on the head, told you I loved you, and grabbed daddy’s hand and headed to bed. We turned down the monitor so that we could still hear you, but not as loud. You cried… Then you stopped… Then you CRIIIIIIED! Then you stopped and I thought you had finally fallen asleep… Then you cried… A lot… Then you cried some more, and more and more… and we just could not take it anymore. On another night, we may have lasted longer and let you cry it  till you finally fell asleep, but we were both so tired last night being sick and all, that we caved! WE SURRENDER!!! You win!!! Daddy went and grabbed you out of your crib and put you in our bed. You smiled… and then fell asleep so fast. It’s like you knew! You knew you had gotten what you wanted, and I have to admit, it was pretty darn cute. You slept with mommy and daddy last night. And you didn’t wake up once after that. You slept and you even out slept both of us. Hahahahaha. Little stinker! Now we have to start from scratch. Yikes. Moment of weakness may have gotten us into trouble… I guess we shall see. But man, all three of us were sick and really needed the rest. Hopefully it’s really just what we all needed.  This is the first time you actually slept in bed with us! When you were sleeping in our room in your little sleeper before you moved into your own room, we used to put you in bed with us in the early morning right before your dad would get up and get ready for work. But last night was the first night EVER that you actually slept in our bed from night till morning. Crazy! Well, we love you little guy. We love you much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment