Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kyrie Eleison

Dear Elijah,
I absolutely love the melody of Kyrie Eleison (Lord have Mercy), and so I sang it to you today and you just sat there very peaceful and listened. What a powerful song, and it's only two lines. Every time I sing it, I get teary eyed and want to pray. So while I was nursing you I was praying and expressing to God how incredible it is to me that I see his faithfulness, provision, and love every day. Your daddy and I were just talking last night in bed about how we are in awe of God, and how he has taken this family up in His hands and cared for us. We are so amazed by how much we have. I looked at your daddy and said, "Man babe, we are so rich!" He looked at me like I was crazy at first, and said, "What, like, how?" I finished by saying to look at all we have! We have a place to live, your daddy has a great job that he loves, Your daddy and I were blessed to be born into our loving families, we are blessed to live in this country, and now we have the most beautiful little boy, YOU! I want to cry just thinking about it. I'm so beyond happy that God chose your dad and I to be your parents! We are so blessed, and humbled that he would chose us to give such a precious gift such as yourself to. I am humbled to know that God loves us and wants the best for us. I'm glad you were born into this family Elijah, because we are going to love the heck out of you, and do our very best with you. Thank Jesus we have Him to fall back on and to lead us. See how rich we are!!! We have everything! You don't have to have 20 cars and big mansions, just Jesus, love, and in our case friends, and family. The only reason your daddy and I are so in love is because we trust that God will help us, and nurture our love for Him, for each other and now for you! It's comforting to have a husband that prays, prays for me, and prays for you Eli :) It's nice to wake up from a nightmare and know that I have someone who will pray with me. It's great to have a hard day, and know that your daddy will come beside me in prayer. It's amazing that when I worry about you or anything, your daddy will walk with me through prayer. Basically I just hope and pray that you will grow up knowing how great God's Mercy is, how wonderful God's Grace is, and how you will be needing both God's mercy and grace to be a strong man of faith. Mommy is thankful for the church and for the Godly men He has placed in your life. Remember to pray Elijah, and to open your eyes to His presencs in your life. Love you!
You 2 days ago, Tuesday :)

My little sweetie

You and me hanging out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment