Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The sounds of you...

Dear Elijah,
You smell so good all the time, and I find myself just sitting with you in my arms just smelling your sweet little aroma. I love your feet that fit into the palm of my hand, your little ears that stick out, your lips that are so kissable, your eyes that stare at me so intensely, and your cheeks that are so cute and chubby! I could just eat you up! Today I was sitting on the couch typing, and you were laying right next to me. I glanced at you to see if you were asleep since you were so quiet, but your weren't. You were wide awake just staring at me. Your eyes were locked on my face, and I whispered hello to you, and you just smiled. SOOOOOOOOOOO Cute! I love you, you little handsome face. When you eat, I absolutely LOVE the sound of you gulping! I don;t know what it is, but your little gulps sound so cute. That is one of mommy's favorite sounds you make. That and your happy squeals. You are so close to laughing! Daddy and mommy almost made you laugh the other day, but you pulled back and it turned into a happy noise. We can't get enough of your sweet little sounds. You are finding your voice, and we are finding so much joy in that. We excitedly await the day you find your laughter. I already tear up when you make lots of sweet sounds, and smile, I am going to be a mess when you laugh! I would say, expect tears baby boy, because there is no way your mommy will not cry at the sound of your laughter! The mornings are the best with you! You wake up soooooooooooooooooooooo happy and smile so big at mommy when I peek into your little sleeper. You kick and smile and talk to me when you first wake up. You will usually play with me for a while until you figure out that you are hungry ;) Then you give me warning noises as if to say... "Mom, I'm about to cry now, so you might want to get my breakfast ready." Hahaha. That time is mommy time. A time that only I get to witness, and it's such a beautiful time that I will never take for granted! I enjoy it immensely! Your daddy and I are notorious for yelling at each other to come quick and look!!! "Look babe, Loooook! He smiled!!!" That's us, on a daily basis. Hahaha.

We took you to the beach for the first time last Saturday, and you very much enjoyed yourself. You like being outdoors, and we had you in a little beach tent we got at one of your showers from a family in our church who started up a surf camp for kids who want to learn how to surf. It was a great day! Well I gotta rush!!! We are going to pick up your daddy now from work!
Us at surf camp. Your first beach day!
You and mommy this morning.

Getting so big and holding your head up now!!!

Such a big boy!

2 comments: