Monday, June 20, 2011

Shots and Happy Fathers Day!


Dear Elijah,
Well this last Friday you had to get all your shots! It was terrible. I was very sad for you, and was dreading the appointment.  It worked out so that your daddy could not come, and I was scrambling to find someone to come with you and I because I knew I couldn’t do it alone! I called my mom, my sister, and even your uncle Jake. Hahaha… I thought your grandma Holland was going to be busy working out with your daddy, but your dad said that is she wasn’t busy doing other stuff, he would push the work out time back a little if we were running late. Soooooooooo, She agreed to come with us! Yay!!! I already knew I was going to cry, so I didn’t want to be alone with the nurse balling. When we got there, I actually prayed in the waiting room that everything with your appointment would go smoothly and you would be a healthy boy. Everything checked out great! You are growing very well, your head is a good size, and you had a perfect temperature. The nurses were saying that you were such a beautiful baby, and of course I would have to agree . Heehee. Then it was time… Dun, dun, dun… I had to take you into the SHOT ROOM!!! The MEAN ROOM!!! My poor baby boy… The nurse asked, “So who is holding his legs down for me?” I naturally pointed at grandma! Horrible, I know, but I couldn’t do it! She did a great job holding your strong little legs, and I stood by your head talking to you and rubbing your head and cheeks. The first shots came and you cried like mommy had never seen before, so of course, I CRIED TOO!!! Tears were rolling down both our cheeks. So much for trying to be strong for you… It was killing me, and the nurse just kept on going! Jeeeeeeeeeze!!! Finally she was done being mean to you, and I scooped you up into my arms, while your grandma handed me a paper towel to dry my tears. Hahaha. Sheesh. What an ordeal… You were such a brave little guy, and stopped crying after it was all over. Mommy gave you a bottle, and you were just fine.
So this last weekend was your daddy’s first Father’s day! It was so great to celebrate the wonderful daddy that he is, and get to tell him all day long “Happy First Fathers Day babe!” He inspires me, and is always so good to us. He loves you so much, so it was an honor to give him a day to be celebrated. You’re a blessed little guy to have your daddy. He loves his family and God more than anything.  We started off the weekend at uncle Jimmy and aunt Tiffany’s house for a Father’s Day dinner for your dad, uncle Jimmy and your grandpa Jim. It was so much fun getting all together, and getting to hang out with your sweet and funny cousins. Man, kids are the best!
On Father’s Day, which was Sunday, we went to church together and heard an awesome message from pastor Nathan. It’s always nice seeing our extended church family. They are so sweet and uplifting. After church we went to your grandma Dacrie and grandpa Deans house because they invited us for a Father’s Day lunch. It was nice seeing your great grandpa Lloyd and great grandma Nel there too. My mom made tacos and have every kind of meet, it was soooooooooo yummy! Then your dad, you and I went to get daddy’s present, then to starbucks for Phase 10 and coffee. Then we all went to the park to get some fresh air and hang out together as a family. You loved it out there in the windy ocean breeze. I took some good pictures of you and daddy. You guys are buddies. After that your dad rented a movie that was NOT a chick flick, and we ate dinner together and watched that movie.  Great weekend! Love you my little snuggle head!



No comments:

Post a Comment