Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Musical Chairs!!!

Dear Elijah,
All I can say is thank you Jesus, and all those folks who gave us multiple play things for you! You are so busy these days, and mommy can hardly keep up with you! I am always holding you, and trying to be aware of the time so that I don't "hold you too much" as they say in the books, articles, and other such things. I told your dad the other day that you are a goolge baby! Hahahaha, which means that google is raising you. Just kidding, kind of... It's just that I use the internet as a huge resource for you and I. I am always reading "what to expect the first year," and articles other mommies post :) It's been so helpful even though there are some things I just blow off and do it my way :) Anywho, you are playing musical chairs around here now. Between your Bright Starts Play Mat, your Monkey Time Bouncy, your Graco Swing, your Baby Einstein Jumper and your Easy Up Fisher Price Sleeper, there is always something for you to be in and play with! The trick is moving you around to all of them during the day before you start to cry. We have a great system going right now. It goes a little something like this... Get you out of your sleeper, feed and play with you in bed for a while, then off to the play mat while mommy eats breakfast and does some sort of house work, then out of the play mat to feed you again and do some tummy time with mommy, then into the bouncer while mommy scrapbooks and talks to you, then out of the bouncer and into mommy's arms for some good snuggling till you drift off into your first nap of the day in mommy's bed while mommy cleans and tries to respond to e-mails. Then you wake up, mommy tries to play with you till you get hungry, feeds you and then into the play mat to let your tummy settle. After the play mat into the JUMPER!!! You usually will stay in the jumper for a while playing music while mommy dances and tried to get you to laugh :) Then out of the jumper and onto the couch where you and mommy practice sitting up!!!you like to fall backwards into the blankets (you think it's so funny), but mommy tried to get you to stay up :) Then into the swing while mommy eats again, and then in mommy's arms again to sit and rest. You just like me to hold you after a while and not do anything. I love those moments. Finally, another nap, then your dad comes home and hogs you for the rest of the night. These are just the days we stay home. Otherwise, we are at the park strolling, walking with your baby carrier (which by the way kills mommy's back), or over at a grandparents house visiting :) Sometime we take a portion of our day to go walk around Target! We like it there ;) haha... You are on your last nap till daddy gets home right now, and let me just say... Thank goodness for memory foam beds! It lets me lay with you till you fall asleep, and roll off without you even noticing :) You really like to take naps on our bed. Probably because the only way I can get you down is to lay down with you. Once I hit the bed next to you, you close your eyes and fall into a deep sleep. But you won't fall asleep even if you are really tired unless I lay next to you. You fight sleep all the time, and I know you are tired when you are fussy combined with lots of face grabbing and eye rubbing. Love you Eli!
Napping on our bed :)

you and mommy playing

Loving your Jumper, and mommy was showing you how to dance to the music until she saw a camera :)

Your looking at me! You love me... haha



No comments:

Post a Comment