Sunday, August 7, 2011

Nice break away!

Dear Elijah,
This past weekend we drove out to the desert with "gramps" (haha) and Grandma Holland to meet up with your uncle Jimmy, auntie Tiff, and your cousins! They rented a house with a pool and invited us to come out for the weekend and swim with them. It was a really nice break away for our little family, and so fun. Your daddy and I have been dying to swim, and we also wanted to see how you would like the pool :) You had never been in one till this past weekend. You LOVE bath time, but I don;t know if you were the biggest fan of the "huge bath tub" haha... You actually didn't mind it at times and were ok with your feet splashing around, but then you would become unsure about it and cry a little. You were alright, then you were not. Haha... But you did great for your first time. I think for now we may just have to stick with warmer baths and try again later :) It was very cute to see you in a bathing suit though. You looked super cute! You had a lot of fun watching your cousins play in the pool, and spending time with your grandparents. We stayed in a hotel, and your daddy and I had so much fun playing in the pool while grandma and grandpa watched you. We hit a ball back and forth 32 times without dropping it! That was our highest score, it was a small ball... All in all it was a nice, short get away for a couple days :)
Oh, and you are officially grabbing your own feet! You did it a lot on this trip, and are so cute when you do it. You can actually hold onto them for a while now. You are making more sounds now that are starting to sound more like a baby conversation. Hahaha. I wish I could speak your language, I do try ;) You are laying next to me right now just laughing and smiling. Every time I glance down at you, you smile really big and squeal! I LOVE IT! Mommy made you banana-carrot yummies tonight and you liked it! I have to say, your daddy and I liked it to! Banana and carrot blended together are quite delicious!
The reason I wrote "gramps" above is because I thought it was hilarious that your cousin Katelynne called your grandpa Holland that yesterday.
Earlier this evening your dad and I went to the grocery store, but I was sooooooooooooooooooo tired after the car ride home from the desert. I still went to the store with you and your dad because I wanted to be able to make some dinner tonight. I grabbed a bunch of groceries and headed to our front door. I always get so frustrated with our front door because the key never goes right in. You have to stand there for a while trying to get the key to work. Uhg... So that was happening while I was trying to hold all these heavy groceries, when finally a bag slipped from my grip and landed on the floor! This would have been fine had it been the cereal boxes, or the vegetables... or even the bread... But no, it was the one bag with the glass jar of pickles... PICKLES!!! Pickles... So, I did what any woman in my condition would do. I dropped all the groceries, kicked the door open, and fell on the couch with a blanket over my face saying, "I hate our stupid door, it's so stupid, and so lame! the pickles are ruined!!!" Your daddy and you followed behind looking troubled. Your dad cleaned it up and told me he would get me more pickles... He said it was going to be alright, that he would run out right then and get another jar. I thought the whole thing was funny after that, and didn't let him go back. So yes, this is currently a pickle free zone, but who needs pickles when I've got my boys around :) Love you!







No comments:

Post a Comment