Monday, August 22, 2011

My Days

Dear Elijah,
I love the days when it's just you and I, and we just lounge around the house in our P.J.'s together. I think it's so much fun to have those days when you know you're not going to see anyone so you just relax and break out the scrapbooking stuff ;) Usually you and I are on the go, go go... But some days it's nice for both of us to snuggle, play and just stay home to relax. You had a big weekend filled with so many family, friends, and places! This last weekend we were in Riverside for a BBQ, and you got to play with your old buddy Rylee. Your auntie Erica was babysitting her during the BBQ :) You also got to see Nina and Nino, along with your tia Dolly, Tio Oscar, uncle Oscar and others. You were very sweet, and let more people hold you. You didn't cry much, and you were all smiles. So much fun. I have been scrapbooking today, and started putting together the beginning of your baby album. I have so many tummy pics that I'm so glad I took now that I get to look back at them! I love seeing how you were growing inside of me, and seeing my tummy get bigger and bigger! Then I worked my way to the day you were born, and all those pictures brought back so many sweet feelings of joy and excitement! I was so beside myself when you came into this world! That is a moment we will NEVER forget!
So today has been our lazy day, and I was doing tummy time with you, trying to teach you to wave hello, talking to you in the mirror, and helping you try to sit up! We covered a lot of ground today. You love seeing yourself in the mirror now. You just smile, and look back and forth between you and I. You also love when I turn the water on, gets my hand wet, and sprinkle you! Hahahaha. We have fun :)You are taking a nap on mommy and daddy's bed right now. That always looks so cute to me since you are so tiny and the bed is so huge! We even skipped your bath time this morning, and I do have to say, you are a little scraggley today. You have been drooling, spitting up, and sweating all day so you are smelling super sweet and sour right now. I know this sounds crazy, but even your sweaty drooley self smells soooooooooo good! Can't wait for bath time tonight to get you all fresh and clean before bed :) I love you Elijah. You are simply adorable, and bring me to smile every day. You were bouncing around in your jumper today just staring at me. If you could say, "mommy look at me!!!" I know you would have! Heehee. Daddy has been trying to teach you to flex, I'll let you know when you finally pick that up ;) Love ya
hi there Rylee...

Hand shake?

Rylee, your daddy and you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment