Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Another Season Change...

Dearest Elijah,
Broadway at 4am
You and me went from sunny California to SNOWY Seattle. Once again as the plane reached the sky you started moving around something fierce. I think you may be able to feel mommy's anxiety when I fly without your daddy. When we landed I found out that your dad had been sitting in traffic for two hours already and was no where near the airport! I felt so bad for him, especially since he now had to find another rout to come get us. He was already so worried about getting us home safe in the snow, and now he had to take roads he had never heard of. Thankfully he was able to get some help from Grandma Darcie and Grandpa Jim over the phone. They looked on Google Map and managed to get him to the airport. After 3 hours in the car, your daddy made it to us! I was so happy to see him, I almost cried! The drive home was pretty basic, after a few wrong turns we were back in our neighborhood ;) We landed in Seattle at midnight, and got home at 4:30am. Although I was tired, I stayed up an extra hour cleaning the apartment! hahaha. Your daddy thought I was crazy, but I can't sleep if I see a mess. haha. So after the dishes were done, the vacuuming was finished, and the place looked like a woman lived here again, I got to cuddle up in bed with your daddy which was the best part of the night/morning... ;) NOW FOR MORE EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!! Your daddy felt you for the first time last night! His face lit up the entire room. He had been trying to feel you all day and even wanted me to eat some skittles to see if that would give you energy to kick! hahaha but mommy did not do that Eli, I gave you some chicken and veggies instead. We had to wait till 11:30pm because that is when you usually become active. Always when mommy is going to bed or in bed, you start moving like crazy. I stayed up late with your daddy while he was writing a paper for school to keep him company. I baked some Christmas cookies to fill the time ;) So when I sat next to him, you started kicking, and I took his hand and put in on my tummy. We waited.... and nothing... You started kicking again, and he again placed his hand on my tummy.Your daddy still could not feel it. It's like you would stop right when he put his hand there. I told him you were like the "Dancing Frog" on Loony Tunes. When the frog puts on a singing, dancing show for that guy, and when the guy takes him into a talent agency, the frog just sits there like... "ribet"... haha! But finally you kicked hard and your daddy was able to feel it! I was excited too. It's so nice to have him in on these special moments when you move around. :) He fell asleep with his hand on my tummy last night. Just in case ;) You are growing so much, and so am I. Last night my T-shirt I wear to bed all of a sudden became a belly shower! Your dad thought that was funny, yet I am still in shock every time a piece of clothing doesn't fit anymore... :/ When we walked in the snow, I could not button the lower button on my coat! I'm glad we are growing together.









Our apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment