Friday, November 5, 2010

Use the good stuff...

Dearest Eli baby,
I can't even express sometimes how much your daddy means to me, and now you! I'm so blessed to be able to share my love with such wonderful people in my life, and now I get to have you to love! It's almost too much to take in at times. I was talking to my sister (your auntie) Melissa this morning explaining to her what I think about family, love and showing love and kindness to the people closest to you. Here is my theory Elijah... Your daddy and I were so blessed when we got married with wonderful presents! We got dishes for nicer occasions, and dishes for everyday use. wine glasses for when we have guests, and then apparently wine glasses that we can use. haha. We got beautiful candles that I suppose we are supposed to save for special occasions as well, and maybe for when guests come over... heehee, that's what some people think ;) Your daddy means the world to me, and is the most important person in my life. I respect him, I appreciate him, and I want him above everyone to know how highly I regard him, and how much I love just being around him. So why not make every moment a special moment. I remember hearing something that stuck with me so hard. It was burned into my soul! haha... I remember someone saying how they would freak out when they were getting ready for guests. They would yell at their own kids and treat them like crap the whole day before the gusts would arrive. She would nag her husband, and yell at him if he accidentally used the "good" dishes, or the "nice" towels meant for guests only. hahaha. It made me laugh because it's so true. People do that! I've done that!!! She finally realized one day that she was treating strangers better than she was treating the people she was supposed to care for the most. Her family was playing second fiddle to people who she was making more important than them. Now here is the thing, I am ALL ABOUT hospitality and using your best things for guests to show that you care. It's very nice to be able to entertain and treat people with respect and kindness. BUT, it's equally important to let your own family know that they too are worth the effort and the "nicer" dishes. haha... I don't know if I'm saying this right, but in simple terms, I love using our best stuff on your daddy, my loving husband. When he comes home, I have all our candles lit, the house is clean, the bed is made, and it looks the same for when my husband walks through the door, and when our guests walk through the door. :) OF COURSE there are times when you just can't keep up with house work, your using paper plates, and the bed could just be left alone since your just going to sleep in it again. hahaha. But I'm just saying, I won't yell at my honey for eating appetizers before guests arrive. hahaha I love using our nice wine glasses for sparkling apple cider while watching a movie in our P.J.'s with my love. ;) I love cooking dinner and making it look like a nice restaurant in our dinning room. I know I will still go out of my way for guests, since I think it's fun, and also important to treat others how we would want to be treated. Yet, that translates to your own family as well, and I personally would hate to be yelled at for drying my hands on the wrong towel, or for drinking out of the wrong cup. So Eli, mommy will try her best not to get mad at you when you leave your sippy cup on the couch for a guest to sit on, or when you are simply LIVING in your house while I'm trying to make it spotless for your grandparents coming to visit. hahaha Love you ;) Melissa, I love our conversations by the way. Thanks for calling me this morning for some good old sister talk ;)

Just a touch of love :)





If you have time. Which I have right now! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment