Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fun Little Details

Oh Elijah!
We have officially entered the "fussy baby" stage! I knew you were just waiting to ease us into it. Heehee... Tonight you started to fuss, and you were not hungry, didn't need to be changed, and had just taken a nap. Those are usually the reasons you would fuss before. Easy to fix! But now, who knows! You could have gas, you could be tired, but can't get to sleep on your own, and you may need to be soothed now. So as the expert mom that I am, I googled it! Hahahaha... How to help a fussy baby! It worked like a charm. They gave me 23 ideas on how to sooth a fussy baby when they are not hungry or not needing to be changed. I would like to take this moment to say that "Rachel" on the T.V. show FRIENDS was actually doing a real technique. The one where you hold your baby tight and close to your body and rapidly move back and forth with your hips. It actually worked for you. You liked it, and stopped fussing right away. Then they said to swaddle your baby with the hands across their chest. So I did that, and you seemed to enjoy being wrapped all tight like that. I am liking this game of seeing what works for us, and what you like and don't like. As of right now, you are sleeping peacefully in your little sleeper :) Oh and we also tried all the relieving gas techniques which at least for tonight was not the problem. You usually release your gas just fine. Haha, like father like son! HAHAHAHA Don't tell your daddy I wrote that. Ok, I just thought I would write really quick to record your first night being a little fussy and mommy and daddy figured it out! We are getting pretty good at this parenting thing. Also, I LOVE google... Love you! What a funny end to my first Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment