Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!!!

Dear Elijah,
Today was our first mother's day together! It was so fun actually being a mommy on mother's day! I was so happy to get to celebrate motherhood and our relationship as mother and son :) I've celebrated many mother's days, and totally love showing all the mothers and grandmothers in my life lots of love, but today was so extra special because I got to join in on the flip side of that. You and your daddy treated me well today (Like every day really) but I felt super special ;) You guys gave me a sweet card and a super sweet little gift your daddy thought I would love. You gave it to me, daddy placed it on you when I came out into the living room today so it looked like you were giving it to me! Hahaha It was a GUESS gift card so that mommy can get some cute new clothes! Woohoo! Then you guys took me to the Pacific Diner for breakfast where I got my favorite avocado omelet with hot chocolate! Yummmmmmo! Then we went to church, where we introduced you to another sweet baby, Lydia :) It was her mommies first mothers day too! So exciting. Then we had your grandma Darcie, Grandpa Dean, Uncle Jake, and Nina Meliss over for some lunch, dessert and a chick flick! :) I got my first mothers day card hand delivered early this morning from your grandpa Cruz, Patty and the boys. We heard a knock at the door pretty much right when we woke up. That was nice :)
Now you, your daddy and I are relaxing, about to watch a movie and have some good snuggle time! Oh that sounds just like heaven!!! You make my life so sweet Elijah. I love you so much that when I write it I start to tear up! Geeze! You have filled our lives with so much more joy and we love and appreciate you at every moment. Yes, even at 3 o'clock in the morning which is when you woke up last night to wish me a happy mother's day and eat of course. Hahaha. Thank you for the best first mother's day Elijah.
You giving me my gift??? haha

My sweet mother's day gift :)

Us at the Pacific Diner!
Getting some grandma time :)

Me, you, Carolin and Lydia :)

Happy first Mother's Day!

Getting some Nina time :)



Oh! and you got to meet the Johnson's last night! They are our long time friends who live in Washington :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment