Monday, May 16, 2011

These are the Times...

Dear Elijah,
It's times like this that make me realize how important family and friends are. We have had the best month ever with you being in our lives! We seriously could not ask for anything more, but the blessing just keep rolling in. You are so fun to watch. You grow more every day, you gain more personality every day, and we are just trying to keep up with your changes. For instance, we all very much enjoy bath time with you now. Before you used to not like it so much, and now you find it soothing, and love being in the water :) You used to only cry when you were hungry or needed to be changed. Now you cry for our attention, and to be held! It's so funny! For example, this morning you were fussing in your bed, and I knew you just ate, and had just been changed... I picked you up to check your diaper, and you instantly fell asleep. INSTANTLY! I hadn't even brought you completely into my chest yet. Once you felt my hands grab you, you knocked out and are still sleeping by the way. That was so funny to me! Your daddy sometimes will just lay his big hand on your chest when you are fussy, and you stop fussing and fall asleep. We find these little habits of your super cute! We try to let you entertain yourself for as long as you can, and you are pretty good at being on your own for bits of time. But when you want to be held, you let us know! Haha... Oh oh oh!!! You made your first sound last week! Your daddy and I were in bed, and you were right there in your sleeper on the side of our bed, and we both heard you start talking to yourself! You made the cutest sound, one that we had never heard before! We both opened our eyes and said... "Did you hear that?"!!! We smiled super big and were talking back to you hoping for another sweet sound from you. Now you are making all kinds of noises, and it's adorable! i love watching your daddy talk baby talk to you. It's so sweet!
This last weekend was your Uncle Oscar and now Auntie Erica's wedding at the Mission Inn in Riverside. It was beautiful. The breath taking scenery around that place was awesome, and the ceremony was so sweet and beautiful. It was so neat to be so close and get to witness another amazing couple saying their vows to each other. Mommy cried... You were there, but didn't come to the ceremony. You did make it to the reception for about 20 minutes though ;) You stayed in one of the rooms there with your grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa Holland got to watch you for the afternoon and evening while mommy and daddy were at the wedding. Mommy was in the wedding, so I couldn't run up to check on you as often as daddy could. Tia Dolly kept teasing me saying, "I gotta go check on the baby, see if he grew an eye lash." Hahaha. Ok, ok, so I am quite attached, and by quite attached I mean, stuck to you like glue! Hahahaha. It was hard being away from you for long periods of time, but this was definitely something mommy wanted to be a part of, and felt honored to be a part of. Plus, you had the best baby sitters. They took such great care of you ;) Wedding are always fun, and nice to watch, but it's different when it's someone you grew up with and are related to. Oscar is like a brother, and we both grew up as the youngests. I knew I would be emotional watching him get married, but had no idea about all the things that would race through my mind! I kept seeing him as a little boy. I was having memories of his smile, his laugh, his funny dancing, and all the fun we used to have as kids. He was always so sweet, and still is. So congratulation' to both of them, and I'm so glad you got pictures with them on their special day so that I can show you someday. You won;t remember a thing about it, but you were there :) You were in the room while your nina did your Tia Dolly's makeup, you were there when mommy got her makeup done, and you were at the reception saying hello to family and friends for a little while. What a special day, and what a great way to remind all of us just how blessed we are to be in each others lives. I love our family and friends Elijah, and am seriously so happy for the new joys that will now take place in Oscar and Erica's lives. I can only hope for more babies now! Hahahahahahahaha.
As I was sitting at the reception listening to the speeches, and just taking it all in, I was thinking about your uncle Michael. He is your Nino and Oscar's brother who is no longer physically with us. I think about him often and wish you could have met him and experienced his beaming smiles, big bear hugs, and warm presents. He has always been a light in my life, and I was so proud of him. We all missed him at his brothers wedding but did not forget his love, and kindness, and the fact that he always stood by his brothers and was very proud of the success in their lives. He was very much a part of this wedding, and was remembered through it all. You're a blessed little guy to have such a loving family ;) I pray that you will grow and experience the love of God and the family that he has giving you. Your mommy and daddy love you more than anything, and so do your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. :)
Well Elijah, I can't wait to see how you change this week! You are so fun, and such a joy. Love you!
Bath time!
Hanging out before Oscar and Erica's wedding!
At the reception :)
You and me this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment