Thursday, May 5, 2011

To Work or Not To Work! :)

Dear Elijah,
Ok, so I've decided... You are seriously to darn cute! Can you tone it down a little? Mommy can't focus on anything else because I just want to hold you and look at you all day! Your daddy asked me today if I missed working, and if I wanted to go back to work, would I let him know? He doesn't want me to feel like I have to stay home and would be super supportive if I wanted to go back. All I could say was... "Um, I'm not there yet..." I can't imagine leaving you for that long! I know some women have to do it, and I totally respect that, but since you have a hard working daddy, he has made it so that we will be alright if I want to stay with you and take care of you myself. I know we are blessed with awesome family who would take you in a heart beat, but I'm not ready to part with you yet. Maybe later... Maybe... But they don't know what your cries mean, or your favorite way to be held, or your favorite songs mommy sings to you, or how to relax you, or how to put your diaper on so that it's not to tight but tight enough for it to not leak, ok so it's not rocket science, but I enjoy it to much right now.  Hahahahaha. I know they can learn all that stuff, but it's ok, I got it. Heehee.
Oh, last night your daddy came home and was acting funny. He walked backwards into the bedroom... It's because he was hiding something behind his back. He came out to the living room where you and I were, and sat next to me and handed me a pretty box!!!!!!! Back story... On your due date when your daddy took me to look for my "Elijah ring" we were in a jewelry store looking around, and I spotted a beautiful necklace that I told your daddy reminded me of our honeymoon. It really did, because it kind of looks Hawaiian to me, and it reminded me of the great time we had in Maui :) So I opened the box and there it was! So pretty and I totally love it! He is so sweet ;) I'm glad your daddy is my man, he can be super thoughtful.
We want to bring you to Maui someday, to show you where mommy and daddy spent our first week of being married! Oh hey, mothers day is coming soon! I'm so excited! It's my first mothers day actually being a mommy! Yay! I can;t wait to spend the day with my sweet family; my son and my husband :)
Oh and by the way, you are eating so much more now, and it seems to me like you grow more every day! Well, because you are. haha. You have chubbier fingers and toes, and are easier to hold. Heehee. It's crazy! My newborn baby boy might be shedding some of his tiny newborness! I love you Eli.

No comments:

Post a Comment