Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Whole Grain Crackers with Cheese and a Side of Pre-natal Vitamins

Dear Elijah,
Do you want to see the most unattractive picture of mommy? Well, sure you can, because you are super cute in it.  Daddy took it this morning while he was getting ready for work, and you and mommy were sleeping away in bed. 
Today I had to suction your little nose because when you spit up, it came out your nose a little bit. So sad! You HATE when I have to do that, and I HATE doing it because it makes you cry and make the saddest face with your little lip puckered out and all! But in the end, I know it makes you feel better.  When you were first born, they gave us the little suction thingy for your mouth and throat since you had a lot of drool and needed help getting it out. I couldn’t do it! Your daddy had to do it the whole time in the hospital. Now I can do it, but the first time was so uncomfortable. I was wondering if I was doing it right, and it felt so weird. Just like when the rest of your belly button cord came off, we were so scared to clean it the first time. Hahaha… We have learned so much all together, and it’s been pretty cool!
I am still taking pre-natal vitamins. It’s so hard to remember, and I don’t enjoy swallowing pills. I have always struggled with that. I’ve gotten so much better with it though, so thanks for that Elijah. It’s because of you that I have learned to swallow pills a little better!
Today you and mommy are taking it easy at home. We didn’t take your daddy to work, visit anyone, or run any errands. I wanted to have a down day with my lovely baby boy. It’s been so nice. Today I found out that you love the song “The Farmer in The Dell” Although I don’t know all the words, I made them up, and you loved it! You would cry every time I stopped. Needless to say, mommy sang for a very long time until you drifted off into a nice little nap.
Your daddy's anniversary gift came today, and he loved it :) He had been holding onto a little present for me that he came across the other day and gave it to me today since his present came today! So not only did I get to give your daddy a gift, but I got one of my favorite cartoon movies! I'm not going to say what it is though, because you and others might judge me. Hahaha...Oh, and yesterday you got a sweet surprise in the mail from my aunt Cindy! Your great aunt ;) It was so nice. You are loved little one. I love you baby boy.

From aunt Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment