Monday, May 2, 2011

The Dilly to My Dally

Dear Elijah,
This being your mommy thing is pretty awesome. You get cuter every day, and change so much on a day to day basis. I never thought I would get so excited to see a person lift up there head, or make a sound. I also never thought I would jump with joy at the sight of you actually focusing on mommy's face and looking right at me! You are 2 weeks and 3 days old, and every single day has been a blessing. Your daddy and I fight over who gets to hold you, feed you, or push the stroller! Um, I don't put up a huge fight for who gets to change your diaper though. Hahaha, although, oddly enough, I don't mind it :) I think you are cute when you get changed because the faces you make are so funny. Like, "what on earth are you doing to me?" You hardly cry, but when you do it's the cutest thing EVER! You scream at us more than you cry. If you are hungry or just want to be held, you let out a huge scream... Then wait a couple seconds to see if you got our attention, and then do it again. Once you get what you need, you are our little angel. You are a pretty quiet baby. We are just waiting for that to change. Hahaha. I mean, we can't have it this easy for too long Elijah, you are going to spoil mommy and daddy. We took you for a walk by the ocean yesterday, and it was so nice and refreshing for all of us. We went about 2 miles, and then called it quits since you needed to be changed and fed. Your cousin Nicholas and Uncle C.J. came over last night and hung out for a while. We watched the Happiest Millionaire, which is the most awesome movie ever. Oh, and you went to your first wedding this last Saturday. We went to our church to see Destinee Davis get married. It was super beautiful, personal, and sweet :) It reminded your daddy and I of our wedding, and brought back some awesome memories of that day. Oh weddings! They are so fun, especially when you can see that God is at the center of the whole thing. Well, I better get going. I want to hold you, although you are sleeping... I may wait till you wake up. We'll see ;) Love you Elijah. You are the Dilly to my Dally. That is what your daddy used to tell me all the time. It was pretty much the most romantic thing ever! Hahahaha. I had never been told that before. And although your daddy is the Dilly to my Dally, you are too! Now you both are :)
This was just this morning!

My sweet boy

Getting so big!

Tired little guy in daddy's arms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment