Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sweet BIG Changes and Secrets Revealed ;)

Letter Written: December  13, 2011

Dear Elijah,
Well… Yesterday  I started to realize that there was something strange going on with me. I was hanging out at home with you, and we were watching a Christmas cartoon call “Cricket on the Hearth.” Cute, but kind of cheesy. Although I realized how cheesy this movie was, you and I were enjoying it! Mommy cried. I cried watching a cheesy, Christmas, cricket cartoon… Yes, something is different with me indeed! Then I realized, man, things that don’t usually bother me are really getting to me lately! So what did I do you might ask? I took a pregnancy test on a whim, and knew that it was going to read negative, and then I would have to figure out another reason why I was feeling a bit off. You were playing in the living room, and mommy went to go solve this mystery. Haha… It was…………………………… Positive! I ran out of the bathroom crying, and in a state of unbelief… I picked you up and said, “Oh my gosh Elijah, mommy’s pregnant!!! You are going to have a little brother or sister!!!” Of course you smiled and let me kiss you all up. You are a sweetie that way. You get happy when we get happy, and excited when we get excited. You had no idea why or what I was talking about, but you were celebrating with mommy anyway. You are 8 months old now, and I’m so excited that you are going to have a sibling, play mate and friend! So you and I concocted a plan on how to tell daddy, because he has absolutely NO idea, and I wanted it to be a really great surprise for him. We wrapped a present identical to one that was already under the tree for your daddy. I put the pregnancy test inside a long skinny white box, and tied a ribbon around it. It looked like it could be a watch or some sort of jewelry. Then I put that long skinny white box, inside of a bigger white box with lots of tissue paper! I tied that box up with gold ribbon, and placed it under the tree where the identical present had been. I hid the present that was there before. I was texting your dad all day saying it’s been a tiring day, and that I was stressed and couldn’t wait for him to get home. I also mentioned that I felt a little sick and wanted him here with me ;)  This was to throw him off even more. This way, if he thought I was a bit down in the dumps, I could convince him to open one of his presents early to give me something to get excited about. Sneaky mommy!!! He came home all loving and hugging me, and rubbing my head. Then I slipped into conversation how it might make my day better to see him open a Christmas present early! He agreed and said, "ok“ babe… I’ll open one. You choose which one, and I’ll open it!” I squealed with excitement, and jumped up to grab the present that he has been seeing there for weeks. I handed it to him, and put you next to him on the couch and said, “let Eli help you,” You got so excited about the present you and daddy were opening together that you laughed, and started grabbing all the ribbon you could, until finally you just laid over it, and hugged the box! Hahahahahaha. We were laughing so hard, because you actually got beside yourself with joy! Dad had to pry you off the box to continue opening it, and you and him grabbed all the tissue paper out only to find the long skinny bot tied with smaller gold ribbon. Daddy let you untie the ribbon, my heart started pounding out of my chest. I know I was already starting to tear up, so I’m glad daddy was focused on you and the present. He lifted the lid expecting to see a watch or something, and there it was!!! A test with a + sign!!! He looked up at me with a shocked smile, I can’t even describe the look he gave me at that moment, but I will always remember, and then he jumped up and hugged me with tears in his eyes, saying, “are you serious?! You’re really pregnant!!!?” We hugged for a while and you watched us while sitting on the couch covered in ribbon and tissue paper. Hahahahaha. You were the cutest picture at that moment. Then we all hugged and we told you that you were going to have a little sibling!!!  It was such a happy, joyful, crazy, fun and exciting moment!

January 26, 2012               
The picture below is recent. I JUST took it yesterday. It shows me at 3 months pregnant with your little brother or sister! :) Love you Elijah!
Jan. 25, 2012

2 comments: