Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wink Wink... and God's Great Love

Dear Elijah,
Mommy usually winks at you a lot, and you smile really big when I do. You know it means I love you :) Now, you have decided to wink back!!! It's so cute... You of course can't wink just one eye, so you blink at me when I wink at you. So cute!!! You have been winking up a storm to every person who winks at you. You are so funny! Also, every time it's time to eat, you see your food, and start laughing so loud as if you are SO happy that you are about to eat!!! Hahahahahaha. Eating makes you laugh and smile. Your favorite mixture lately that mommy makes you is raw spinach, sweet potato, avocado, blueberries and carrots. You LOVE it!!! Sometimes I through some banana in there too, but I try not to since you love banana so much, and want to eat it at other times in the day as a good snack. You love eating avocado cut up into pieces just plain too. You will pretty much eat anything. I have given you broccoli, and you eat it up, but I don't think it's your favorite food to eat plain. It's better when I mix it with other stuff. But I also want you to eat all the stuff I give you by itself so that you develop a taste for it. You love mommy's mixtures though ;)

I have been singing this song ALL DAY LONG!!! It's been in my head man... I love it, and I believe it with my whole heart. Here are the lyrics:

Higher than the mountains that i face
Stronger than the power of the grave
constant in the trial and the change

One thing remains

Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me

Because on and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I'll never, ever, have to be afraid

One thing remains

In death
In life
I'm confident and covered by the Power of Your great love

My dept is paid
Theres nothing that can separate
My heart from Your great love

Isn't that powerful Elijah? Just knowing, and having that peace that God is so big, and so much bigger than we can even imagine. It's mind blowing how God works when you aren't even paying attention or aware there is stuff going on. I rest is God's promise everyday. I pray that your relationship with God will grow, be nourished, and matured as the years go on. I have been thinking a lot about when I was a child, then my teenage years, and then college, and of course now. I have changed so much through all the years and I can actually see it. It's pretty cool when you can look back and see what God has done with you, and what He keeps doing. Gosh, sometimes I tighten up and cringe at some decisions that I have made, and then I just laugh like what the heck was I thinking??? I remember how my image of "being cool" or "what's cool" changed over time. I am so embarrassed to say that I wore brown lip liner... Yes... I did... and yes, I thought it was cool. My heart was always in the right place I can say, but sometimes my actions contradicted that which was in my heart (lip liner aside) haha. But now Elijah, I embrace my differences. I am so thankful that I'm ok with being who God made me even if some people don't agree with the way I have chosen to live. I hope and pray that God will make you strong, and that you will always follow His will. These letters are just for you, and I hope that you can see just how important you are to us, and to God. There's no need to pretend around people who are genuine. That's such a nice thing to know. The fellowship that God has in His family can be pretty awesome. I was wearing lip liner for the wrong reasons/people (I refer to my style catastrophe first because it was awful, and second because it's just an easy way to express the point I'm making. Call me if you would like a deeper example... like say, the time I said I had kissed a boy, and I really had not!!!)... Hahahahaha! I was the poser in the brown lip liner... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, just admitting that makes me laugh and then want to cry. HAHAHAHA.... sniff, sniff... Only cry because there are people who have pictures of those days that I would rather forget. Hahahahaha! Ah well, we all do stuff we wish we hadn't, I just thank God that He protected me throughout it all. He was there right beside me, and really shielded me from a lot. I could be a lot more regretful right now, but I'm not. Thankfully God kept me from anything drastic. I mean when lip liner is one of your biggest regrets, I think you can safely say that God was all around me protecting me from even myself at times. ;) Plus I had a great mom who was always in my head... Seriously, your grandma was the queen of quoting scripture, praying, and lecturing... She was... She would actually start praying in the middle of a sentence. We would be talking, and next thing I know, we were praying. Hahahaha, good times. :) Well, I love you Elijah You are the pump to my pumpkin, the roll to my skate, and the blink to my wink ;)
playing with one of mom's frames ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment