Saturday, April 30, 2011

So Blessed

Dear Elijah,
I'm going to take this moment to write you a letter since you and daddy are asleep right next to me on the couch. I am so tired right now because last night seemed to be an all nighter. Haha... Hence the reason for you and your daddy being asleep on the couch together.
So yesterday you met your cousin Nicholas! He was very excited to see all of us since he has been in New Mexico for a while. We all went out to breakfast at the Pacific Diner, which is where your dad and I like to go when we have slow mornings. Actually when I was pregnant of you, we went quite often. The waitresses know us there now, and finally got to see you for the first time yesterday! To bad your daddy was at work :( While at breakfast, your cousin Nicholas wanted to hold you! It was so sweet. He is only 4 years old, but he did a great job holding you and being super gentle. He was rubbing the back of your head, and staring at you. So cute! Two of my most favorite little guys together! Meanwhile, the waitress came over and was so excited to see you as well. She said you look JUST like your daddy :) You get that a lot. Heehee.
Yesterday around 5pm we decided to take you on your first walk in your stroller. We got you all ready, and walked up to the Starbucks on 25th Street. It was fun! You slept and mommy and daddy got to enjoy some decaf coffee and chat for a while. Then we got hungry, so we went to Pronto's Mexican Food, and ate there. You slept the whole time, and were so content even though we tried to talk to you, you weren't having it. You looked so cozy with all your blankets in your stroller, and just wanted to be left alone. Haha. The people at Starbucks were happy to see you out and about. They knew I was overdue, and wanted you to come the last time I was there.
Shhhhhh, don't tell your daddy, but for our one year Wedding anniversary, I got him something really cool. He's going to love it! Yesterday at Starbucks he was trying to convince me to go to the mall with him so that he could get me a jewel! Hahaha, I was like, NO WAY! He already spends to much on me. Between me and you Elijah, your daddy spoils the heck out of me, so I have to be the one to say no a lot. Hahaha. He was like, "I'm going to get you a jewel, and you can either come with me to help pick it out, or I'm going alone!" So we played a game where we drew pictures that represent different things on a piece of paper. I drew little lines till he told me to stop, and whatever was left after crossing out the other ideas, was the thing we were going to do! Did that make sense? Hahahahaha... Well in any case, your daddy won. It landed on his picture of a jewel. Hahaha... I told him that YOU were our little jewel that we got for our one year anniversary! And what a priceless jewel you are at that!!! :) My sweet, precious baby boy. I love you so much!
You bring mommy so much joy Elijah. Sometimes it's overwhelming. I seriously will sit and look at you and just start to cry here and there. I cry because I'm so in love with you, and that's the only way I can express it at that time I guess. Thankfully I'm usually alone when this happens... :) There are times it happens in front of your daddy, but that's ok, I don't mind if he catches me! ;) On a daily basis we look at each other and ask, "How the heck did we get such a cute, sweet baby like this? How come he is SOOOOOO cute?" Hahaha. We adore you Elijah, and thank God for you every day! Jesus has truly blessed beyond what we could ever imagine! Love you.


Sleeping at Pronto's

Cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment