Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Running Around!

Dear Elijah,
Today your daddy and I wanted to make sure that my name was REALLY changed to Holland. Haha, we filled out all the right papers and stuff, but wanted to make sure of it before you come along. Just thinking of your birth certificate and all. Well, turns out it's a good thing we checked because I am still officially Stephanie Gutierrez!!! By tomorrow though, I will be a real, true Holland. How funny! I always joked with your daddy about how much I LOVED my maiden name and how I would secretly keep it, but I never really meant to! I am proud to be married to a Holland and to be one myself tomorrow! Haha. Oh well, in my heart, I am Stephanie Holland and have been since the day I said I DO :) After we did all that, we paid our first rent here in our new place, and then your daddy went to work. He actually trained your Nina Melissa, and Megan today. When he was at work, I went shopping for you! I grabbed the gift cards we received from your baby showers, and tried to pick up some last minute things we want for you before you actually get here. I got a breast pump (eeeeew!) Those things kind of freak me out if we are being honest here. I also got you a bottle warmer that is supposed to always keep your bottles as the right temperature, and it will be nice for us since we don't want to use the microwave at all for you. I got you a sun guard for the car so the sun won't get in your little precious eyes. Also, I bought a carrier that was not the one we originally registered for, but I think it might work! We won't know till you get here though, because trying it out on a stuffed bear is probably really different from a little Eli. Last but not least I grabbed a bottle cleaner thingy. You know, those thingys that fit into the bottle easier for a good cleaning. A BRUSH! That's the word I was looking for. A bottle cleaning brush! Decided to wait on the mini bath for you. I might just get in with you and ditch the whole baby bath idea :) Save some money and get clean with you. Sounds good to me! Haha... Might make for some interesting First Bath pictures though... Hmmm, didn;t think of that. Haha... Your daddy is singing his heart out in the shower right now... Oh my goodness I think the neighbors can hear him! Haha... As I was starting your letter he came walking in with a straight face saying... "Nice trick honey, I just got sprayed in the face with cold water..." HAHAHAHAHA... I forgot to turn the shower part off last time I got out. Oooops! Serves him right for turning the kitchen sink spout up to water plants and leaving it that way. Then when I go to wash dishes, I get sprayed with water! Oh the fun. We love you Elijah. It's fun getting all this last minute stuff together.

No comments:

Post a Comment