Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bringing Home Baby

Dear Elijah,
They kept us 3 in the hospital for 3 days since your blood work was coming back a little strange at first. After taking so many blood tests on you, they finally said everything was great and let us go! They released us on April 17, 2011, which is the one year anniversary of mommy and daddy's wedding! Your daddy got me a sweet card from the hospital gift shop and a little boy holding a balloon that says "happy birthday." It was sweet :) He also got me lots of chocolate! yummy! It cheered me up so much since I was crying for most of the morning since they took you to be circumcised :( then when they brought you back, I cried just seeing you. You weren't even crying, you were just fine. You didn't even cry when they took blood from you because they gave you a little bit of sugar water on your Binky! Haha. My brave little man! We decided to bring you home and celebrate our one year wedding anniversary! It's been an amazing year, and I would not change one thing! I love being married to your daddy, and I've loved being pregnant with you and getting to have you here to join in on the celebrations! We fed you and you slept the night away as mommy and daddy ate dinner together, had sparkling apple cider, and snuggled on the couch to watch a movie. Best night ever! Our first night with you, you woke up almost every hour. Daddy would get up, change you and hand you off to me to eat! After you ate, you fell back asleep, and daddy would put you back to bed. Repeat this about 5 times, and that was our first night with you :) The next night was easier, because we had more of a rhythm down. Daddy up, change, feed, back to bed, and do it again in another 2 hours! This time you gave us more sleep ;) Way to go buddy! Last night was bliss! You only woke up twice! I guess you would eat enough to satisfy you for longer, and you sure do love to sleep. I woke up missing you though, and was just staring at you until I saw you wiggle around, which was the perfect excuse to pick you and and hold you :) We find ourselves laughing in the middle of the night while so sleepy. No one else has that power Elijah. To make mommy and daddy happy when we are both so tired in the middle of the night is one great thing! I LOVE being your mommy and daddy LOVES being your daddy. You are the best baby! So good, and so sweet, and even your cry is adorable! You cry, and it sounds like you are saying "Laaaaaaaaaaaa, Laaaaaaaaaa." We love it.

This morning after I fed you and put you down for a nap, your dad and I were sitting in the living room together talking. We were talking about how we are just waiting for the bomb to drop, and this to get so hard. I guess it's because so many people are always joking around saying that we are going to be so tired, and miserable, and how hard it's going to be. We are very tired, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. I enjoy taking care of you, changing your diapers, giving you baths, and dressing you. It's my pleasure baby boy! Your daddy feels the same way. Hopefully we don't get too jaded, but are always able to enjoy the cute faces you make, the sweet noises you create, the intoxicating smell you have, and the joys of being parents. We both know that this may get harder and things are not always going to be a walk in the park, but we'll be positive and enjoy every minute of this time. Everyone had such different experiences, so we will keep praying for God to watch over us and help us through :) I know so many parents, most of whom LOVE their job ;) So that's always nice to be able to look around and see that we are not alone, and that there are so many happy parents out there always willing to lend a helping hand. Then I was saying that I have yet to find being married to him very rough. Haha. I love it actually. He is the best man in the world, and who wouldn't want to be married to that!? So as I was telling your daddy how happy I was with him, and with you, and how he makes being married and being a mom so fun, I did something so silly! Hahahahaha. I went to sit in his lap, but he was holding a cup of hot coffee. I thought he would move it as I crawled onto him. He was moving it, but not fast enough. I bent my knee up and bumped his coffee cup so hard that it spilled all over the both of us. His clean shirt, and my clean pants had to go back into the washer! Hahahahaha... I started cracking up because your daddy gave me "the look"... I love that look! Even though it means... "really?" or "seriously?" I think it's so funny when he does it. Then he started laughing and asked me simply... "why?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I told him it was his fault for not moving his coffee. He saw me coming, he should have lifted it higher! Hahahahaha... Ok, so maybe it was a little bit my fault, but we still stayed and cuddled for a little while before I got up and put our coffee covered clothes in the wash. Coffee is nothing compared to the poop and pee I've had on me the past few days. Yes Elijah, you pooped AND peed all over mommy the first night. ALL OVER ME! My fault for not making your diaper tight enough. Ahhh, you live and you learn. I must end this now, you are wiggling around and might want to play with me for a bit! Yay! Bye!!!


First doctor appointment was a success! You did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment