Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Morning Sunshine

Dear Elijah,
Good morning! This morning I woke up at 5:30, and was having once again painful contractions that were super far apart. So I did not time them, but I couldn't go back to sleep either. So I went to the living room, grabbed some cereal and a bible, and read Isaiah 55. It's a powerful piece of scripture, and I really enjoyed my time with God this morning. Then I was going to try and take the trash cans out for your dad since I was up anyway, but that was an epic fail. I couldn't get my boots on, the trash was too heavy and your dad woke up and told me not to. Hahaha... So I crawled back into bed with daddy, and he prayed with me! Then I fell asleep on his side of the bed :) I keep on having contractions, but they are like breathing to me at this point. Never really amounting to much. :) Oh well. So last night since mommy sliced open her finger pretty bad, I thought it would be a good idea to have your daddy wash my hair for me. I really needed to, but it's hard using one hand with all this hair. Mommy's hair is pretty long right now. I'll just say, not the best idea I've ever had! He was up for the challenge, and little did I know, I was not! Hahaha... First... He puts shampoo in my hair and all I hear while my head is being pushed around is, "Why won't the soap spread... It's staying in one spot... Gosh you have too much hair! It's like only lathering where I put it." So I told him he had to get more shampoo, and this time put it in different spots and then try to rub it in! He did that, and was trying so hard to lather up my head that he was not paying attention to anything else. Like the fact that I couldn't breath! All I hear was... "Babe, stop pulling your head away"... I came back with, "but I'm drowning!!! and there is soap in my eyes!" At this point we were both cracking up, although it was easier for him to laugh since his face was not being forced under water. My laugh was more of a gurgle.... "Babe! This could have been good practice for you! How are you going to wash Elijah's hair? He won't like this!" He said... "Elijah won't have this much hair!" Hahahaha...  I finally got through it, and my hair is now clean. Good times! He said that he would be better with you, and that he would cover your little eyes and use a cup to rinse your hair. So don't worry, your in good hands. He knew mommy would be fine :) Hahaha. Well we are in our 4th day since your due date. It's the 13th... Hoping you decide to come soon, or they are going to induce you the day before mommy and daddy's 1 year wedding Anniversary! Hahahaha... That would be funny :) What a nice gift! Better than jewelry ;) Heehee... We love you!
us today! 4 days after your due date :)

No comments:

Post a Comment