Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sliced Fingers and Lasagna!

Dear Elijah,
Well all the reading I've done on pregnancy and the reading I've done on those mommy's who are overdue has said to keep busy! So I have been. Getting everything ready, hanging with family, taking walks, baking, and cooking. Today I decided that I wanted to cook another lasagna. This time I didn't want to use a recipe. I wanted to do my own thing. So I did! I made a veggie, spinach, ground turkey lasagna! With Whole wheat Pasta! Can I just say... YUM! It came out so good! I am so happy with it, and now it's going to be one of my very own dishes that I make for my family :) and right now, that is you and daddy! I hope you like it. You and your daddy are the reason I am trying to cook more, and get creative! The down side to my cooking adventure today was that I sliced open my finger pretty bad! My finger was flowing blood, and I could not get it to stop bleeding! Your daddy wasn't home, so I was all alone freaking out. I did not want stitches, but it was looking really bad. So I ran it under water to see how deep it was, and it was pretty deep :( It hurt sooooooooooooo bad! So I put antibacterial soap on it and held it together while reaching for the band-aids. I was able to close it up using a very tight band-aid, and it stopped the bleeding! Yay for mommy! Hahaha... I was able to continue with the lasagna, and your daddy surprised me soon after by getting home early from work! All together a great day. I can't wait to make your first baby food! I also can't wait to cook for you. I hope you like my stuff :) Love you! I photo documented my lasagna journey :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks fantastic! Do you mind sharing your special recipe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind :) Although it may be a little hard to follow since I didn't really measure ;)

    Cut up 1 yellow squash.
    Cut up one zucchini.
    (Saute these together with Basil, oregano, and pepper, with a tiny bit of oil. Just enough put a film over the pan so the veggies won't stick)
    Cut up two whole tomatoes (or you can use one can of diced tomatoes)
    2 small cans, or one medium can of tomato sauce.
    Grate 1 package of Mozzarella cheese.
    Use one 16oz container of ricotta cheese.
    I used two hand fulls of spinach :)

    After boiling the noodles and browning the ground turkey. However much you want to use. I use one package of ground turkey. I add the spinach to the hot ground turkey in the pan so that the spinach softens a bit. Also this is where I add however much salt, pepper, garlic, basil, and oregano. Then I strain the turkey if there is any grease, which isn't a lot if you are using lean meat :) Then I add the veggies, tomato sauce and ricotta cheese to the meat and spinach. After stirring all that together, I spray the glass pan with some oil (again, not too much) then I lay the noodles, mixture, Mozzarella cheese. and again until everything is gone! It lasts me for three layers :)Very top is just noodles, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese!
    Bake for 40 mins!

    Hope this is understandable ;) Haha

    ReplyDelete