Sunday, April 10, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster

Dear Elijah,
Oh my goodness, I didn't think that going passed your due date would get me so emotional. I was fine when I woke up this morning! I ate some breakfast, snuggled with your daddy, and then all the sudden I burst into tears! It was the craziest thing. Thankfully your daddy had some time before worship practice to be with me and help me through that burst of emotion. I just really want you to be here. And it finally caught up to me today. Plus, I guess me realizing that I am passed the "due date" made me all weird. Hahaha... I'm good, it just put me in a funky mood for the whole morning, and of course all I wanted to do was be alone and clean! So I popped in the DVD we have of you in 3D and cleaned :) It really helped. I didn't want to be around anyone who knew me today because I probably would have torn some innocent persons head off if I had to hear... "awww, still no baby?" Or... "He's still not out?" Hahahahaha... Well, my tummy is sill the size of a basketball, so I'm going to guess no, he is not here yet! You see Eli, mommy would have used sarcasm in a not so nice way. So it was better to stay around people I could warn about my mood. So I prayed, read the bible, and hung with your daddy to calm down and gain my sanity back. Hahahaha. Like before my sister came by today I text her with how I felt and for her to please not do the "poor you" thing or I would cry.  I'm ok now, and no I will not go ballistic on the well meaning person who asks about you now :) God really helped me through my emotional roller coaster ride, and so did my family and your sweet daddy! He took me for a LONG walk, and then we went to my mom's house to hang with my brother and sister :) After a trip to Starbucks of course :) Then to make the day so special and fun, your daddy took me to the mall and bought me a beautiful white gold ring with your birth stone! Your birth stone is a beautiful diamond. Heehee :) He's a sweetie!  I didn't want a big ring. Just something simple and sweet. That was so hard to find! Hahaha... Since your birth stone is a Diamond, people kept showing us huge diamond rings that looked like engagement rings! I finally said to a lady, do you have a simple little band with ONE tiny diamond inlaid in the band. She finally found it! Your daddy and I loved it! Your Nina was there to, and loved it too! We call it my Elijah ring... It's very special to me because it represents you, and how blessed I am to be your mommy! What a great day this ended up being. I am a very blessed woman Eli. Can't wait till you get to meet your wonderful family. They are all anxious to see you, and so are your daddy and I.
My Elijah Ring :)




us April 9th, on your due date.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment