Monday, April 25, 2011

Meeting the Family and Bath Time


Dear Elijah,
I feel like now that you are here, there is so much to write about, but less time to write it! Haha. You are the sweetest baby in the whole world. I know every excited mommy feels that way about their precious babies :) I never knew I would love being a mom so much! Don't get me wrong, I knew I would love it, but now that I know what it's like, and now that I have you, it's beyond what I could ever have imagined. I sit and stare at you all the time. It's crazy how I could never get enough time with you. Your daddy has to hold me back sometimes from holding you so that you can sleep! Haha... He is always holding you too. He loves to take naps with you, and I think you like it too because you both look so peaceful. I love your cry, I love you smiles, and your funny faces. You make some great faces in your sleep, and when you are first waking up! Priceless!

Well you had your first Easter, and your first bath! It was so much fun to take you to all the family events, and to church. I love when you receive prayers and blessings, and when we went up for communion as a family for the first time, you received a blessing from our pastor. He touched your little head, and spoke out a prayer for you. So sweet :) I am so glad we go to a church that welcomes babies and family's so well. They rejoice right along with all the families who are growing, and it's nice to be a part of a bigger family in Christ. You slept through the whole service! Or maybe you were praying? Heehee...

You got to meet so much family this last weekend :) You met your great grandparents, Karen and Joe, from Bandon Oregon. Also, you met your cousins Missy and little Steven from Lake Oswego Oregon! You also met your great grandpa Holland, a.k.a. "Pop," and cousin Jodi, and some more great, great aunts and got to spend more time with family you have already met.

Your first bath was a success! We figured after all the sponge baths we have given you, it was time to use more water and get you REALLY clean ;) We put our little portable heater in the bathroom to heat it up in there, and that was the best idea. You didn't cry as much this time since you weren't chilled. Daddy got in the tub with you and held you, while mommy washed you and made you all clean! It was so much fun. We love taking care of you little one. You are the best! Also, guess what? You totally slept from midnight to 5am last night! What a guy! You let us get some much needed sleep, and woke up at 5am to eat, be changed, and then slept the rest of the morning till 9am in mommy's arms. We love you Eli. Can't wait for so many more "Firsts".


No comments:

Post a Comment