Monday, April 4, 2011

Fun Filled Day!!!

Dear Elijah,
Well, you sure did throw us for a loop today! This morning you showed signs of labour!!! I thought, "Don't freak out Steph, your fine"... I called my Tia Dolly right after experiencing signs I've never experiences and she told me to call my doctor, but she thought I should go in. So I called my doctor for a second opinion. Hahahahahaha! I thought that was funny. After talking to my doctor, she said, "You NEED to go into Labor and Delivery right now. So I said... ok... I'm going. Of course it was your dad's FIRST day at his new job. OF COURSE!!! Haha, so I tried calling him, but his phone had fallen out of his pocket in the car and was left in there. So I called and text and called and text until I finally got your Nina Melissa to come get me. I was bummed your daddy was not going to be taking us to the hospital, but I was happy your Nina came through, and was available and more than willing! So your Grandma Darcie heard about my situations and decided to come with. Pretty soon EVERYONE knew what was going on. Hahaha, and I was still not sure I was even in labour and didn't want people to be freaking out. We got a hold of your daddy finally before we got onto the freeway and he met us at the hospital. We checked in, they checked me out, and said I was having mild contractions, and that it is only the very beginning of labour. They made me walk the halls for an hour, and then sent us home. Great experience though I must say. Now I kind of know what to expect, what the rooms are like, and what it feels like to be in that ridiculous looking robe! Hahaha... We know our way around the hospital so much better now :) Definitely a bummer to be sent home with no you, but lots of good came from it, and I feel better knowing everything is alright and normal. They sent me away saying they might even see me again tonight! Who knows?????? I'm glad they didn't keep me there though. I would rather be in the beginnings of labour in my own space. It's not to fun sitting in a hospital while nothing much is going on yet. So we had our first and hopefully our only fake out today ;) I took pictures of us in the beginning parts of labour right as we were leaving for the hospital. Below is what we look like now, while my contractions are mild. I can't wait to see the after pictures! Haha. Love you Elijah. I just went for a very long walk. Lets hope that helped the process... But we are on our way!
You little trickster ;)

Lets go!!!

1 comment: